This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handling Power Outages

I have my HS 3 machine and all of my networking gear on a UPS. My PLM is not plugged into the UPS.

If we have a short power outage, my HS machine remains running but loses connection with the PLM. I've then got to typically reboot the machine or HS3 to allow the plugin to once again see the PLM.

Is there anything that I can do configuration wise to allow HS3 to re-see the PLM? I really hate having to manually do this if a storm causes us to lose power momentarily. It doesn't help improve the WAF.

Thanks in advance.

You could look into the following Insteon special triggers and set up one or more appropriate events:
    • Interface stops responding
    • Interface crashes
    • Interface recovers

Comment

there are also event actions to disable and enable the interface which should help restart the plugin connection during these situations
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        You could look into the following Insteon special triggers and set up one or more appropriate events:
        • Interface stops responding
        • Interface crashes
        • Interface recovers
        I use those as a backup if my primary plan fails. In the worst case, I trigger a full reboot of the HS PC.

The primary thing that I do is I have an event to disable the interface when AC power fails, and another event to re-enable the interface when power is restored. I have a plug-in that talks to the UPS service to determine if AC power is present or not.

Comment

Hey guys... I didn't get the email that this thread was updated and I forgot to check. I happened to set it up to try to reset the interface, etc. this morning.

We had a power outage today and now I can't get HS to communicate to the PLM. Windows sees it, but I keep getting:

WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS.

Despite how I restart, etc. I can't get communication re-established. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Falconace View Post
            Hey guys... I didn't get the email that this thread was updated and I forgot to check. I happened to set it up to try to reset the interface, etc. this morning.

We had a power outage today and now I can't get HS to communicate to the PLM. Windows sees it, but I keep getting:

WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS.

Despite how I restart, etc. I can't get communication re-established. Any thoughts?
            try a factory reset on the PLM. if the plugin can then connect, you can reprogram the plm via the config page
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

We're back in business! Thanks.

Comment

Good deal. thanks for reporting back.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X