This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouieD View Post
    It was. Everything is now working. Thanks for your help!
    can you provide more details of the issue?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

HomeSeer couldn't give an explanation as to how I lost admin rights. Anyway they got into the CMD promt (Terminal for Macs) and removed whatever profile I had and we rebooted. That's really all they did. Works fine now. Thanks again Mark, really appreciate all your help!

Comment

HomeSeer couldn't give an explanation as to how I lost admin rights. Anyway they got into the CMD promt (Terminal for Macs) and removed whatever profile I had and we rebooted. That's really all they did. Works fine now. Thanks again Mark, really appreciate all your help!
        well thanks for this. i'm sure it will help another hometroller user in the future.

i would be curious if you can now get the plm to work, but maybe you don't want to tempt fate.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Now that I'm using the Hub, I've noticed that for whatever reason, the Hub seems to work better at installing new devices than the PLM.

Comment

Now that I'm using the Hub, I've noticed that for whatever reason, the Hub seems to work better at installing new devices than the PLM.
            yah, that's fine. everyone's environment is a little different.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hey Mark,
              How are you? Hope you're having a great summer so far.

I have a new development.....Insteon signals aren't getting out. HomeSeer says it sent it but nothing happens. If I restart my Home Troller then it works fine. But maybe after an hour or so goes by same thing. All the while everything is connected and looks fine on Homeseer. Also I've been using the Smarthome hub which has been working fine for me. Since this has happened, I tried switching to my PLM and the plugin won't connect to it.

Comment

LouieD,
                sounds like there is excessive noise on the powerline so the plm is not be able to respond to the plugin. as a test, run a long extension cord from the plm to another outlet near the service panel or at least to a different circuit and retest.

make sure there are no power adapters, UPSs, etc plugged into the same outlet as the PLM.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

As far as the PLM goes...I've had this trouble since I got the HomeTroller. I also had a problem from the start with the Hub getting to link with the HomeTroller but we managed to get it to connect so I figured, if it works use it. But I think I would like to get the PLM to work if we can..

I really don't think there is a noise issue because then the devices wouldn't work well with any platform. Insteon hub, device to device, etc. But everything works reliably, instantly. If there is noise, the devices usually have a delay turning on or don't turn on at all. Everything has been working fine and nothing has changed in the house. The only change is that I have been adding a lot of events recently and since then, this has happened. Again, everything works great when it's restarted. If it was noise, noise would still be there. but after a while, the signal just doesn't get out....until I restart again.

Comment

I would review your events. maybe one is running continuously which will over load the plm. I had this problem once. If necessary, disable them one at a time until things start working as expected.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

There is a device which seems to be overloading.
                      Attached Files

Comment

let us know what you find
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok, there was a trigger I had set for when a value is at least. So the condition was met and constantly triggered. So I changed it to exactly and could not retrigger for 1 min. That did the trick. It was a rookie mistake but I'm still getting used to the HomeTroller's newer OS compared to HS2 that I used for many years on my PC.

Thanks again for your help, Mark

Comment

Glad you got it working
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X