This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent creation of Insteon X10 devices

Using HS3 280 with Insteon hub 2242-422, Insteon plugin 3.05.86 on Win7/Win10

I discovered a (100 %) reproducible) inconsistency when creating Insteon X10 devices together with a CM11A X10 device having the same address.
    - create Device with code A1, save it as Insteon X10
    - create same Device A1 as an X10 device
    - Now both devices change ON/OFF state when one of them is activated and both show the same time stamp (may differ by a few seconds). Great, that's exactly what I wanted so I bought the Insteon plugin.

However in my case I have a some 20 X10 devices that have been working fine for many years, and I don't see any ned to replace them so I created the Insteon X10 AFTER the X10. If you do it in that sequence the Insteon X10 never shows a time stamp and the status symbol never changes. One can switch ON/OFF,and the X10 is generated and the status off the X10 changes accordingly, but not the status of the Insteon X10.
    I may be the only person who wants X10 and Insteon X10 at the same time, but this allows me to switch between a Win 7 PC (which works fine without Insteon) and a Win 10 computer which doesn't recognize my CM11A interface. Moreover I found that I can extend the reliability range of my devices with the Insteon hub and the CM11A plugged into different powerline phases.
    Not sure whether this warrants going through the trouble of fixing, but it may help other poeple avoiding the problem.

interesting bug/feature. i can certainly implement a check to make sure my plugin only updates the Insteon X10 devices, but that doesn't sound like what you want...so i won't.

Not sure how many users are actually running two x10 plugins simultaneously; probably not many.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,
      Indeed, it wouldn't surpise me if I were the only one using these plugins simultaneously, and in the long run I intend to get rid of the aging X10 technology. For the time being I know how to avoid the problem, so I don't really expect a bugfix. I only reported it in case some else can benefit.

Comment

sounds good. thanks for reporting.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X