This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led brightness setting

I have an insteon 8 button controller that is used in our bedroom. When a specific button "D" is pressed it turns off the lights and fires and event to set the leds brightness to 0 or the lowest setting.

The event itself fires and works fine, as does the setting of the brightness, except for the ones that my still be on. So if any of the devices controlled by the controller are on their led's will not be turned off, only the ones that are not on will be turned off.

It looks like to me that the on level over rides the led brightness setting?

This use to work correctly in HS2, I am currently running the latest beta of your plug-in.

Thanks

EDIT: I should add that I don't have devices linked to the controller only the controller added to HS. I have events the respond to the button presses.
    -Skybolt

not sure why this doesn't work in hs3. have you tried "Backlight" setting? Set it to Off instead if using the Brightness setting
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yeah, a little strange. I'll give that a try tonight, I didn't think of the op flags. Thanks.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Well that did it, setting the back light flag on/off.

Thanks Mark!
        -Skybolt

Comment

glad its working. thanks for reporting back.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X