This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue since recent plugin update

The below logged message indicates that I should submit the attached file ...

This has started right after the update to the plugin ... and this error message seems to appear after every retstart of HS2.

7/23/2016 8:42:16 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
    7/23/2016 8:42:17 AM ~!~Insteon~!~RF PLM contacted on COM8 with an Insteon address of 34.7A.06 and firmware version 9E
    7/23/2016 8:42:17 AM ~!~Insteon~!~** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
    7/23/2016 8:42:17 AM ~!~Insteon~!~** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
    7/23/2016 8:42:17 AM ~!~Insteon~!~** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
    7/23/2016 8:42:17 AM ~!~Insteon~!~** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
    7/23/2016 8:42:17 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Insteon
    Attached Files

somewhere along the way with HS something changed with date formats. I fixed this in later versions of the HS3 plugin. basically the plugin doesn't recognize the date format from the ini file anymore.

if you can change the format that hs2 uses to mm/dd/yyyy and update your ini values you might be ok.

I am no longer posting hs2 updates to the forum but if you are interested in continued hs2 support, you can email me at insteon at verizon.com and we can discuss support options.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark, first, thank you for responding to my request.

Second, I will definately contact you at verizon.

Third, I clearly understand that we must move on .. but (and please understand that I am not pointing at your plugin) I come from a heritage in IT that says that you never bring out a product that is not compatible to previous versions, and the new version must be better performing and provide more value-add (and functions) than the previous version.

HS3 seems to have failed in all aspects ... I have over 80 hours of effort ahead of me and the conversion utility (if you call it that) does not work for me, there are no identified benefits that HS3 will provide my system (by the way I have paid for two copies of HS3 and for the HS3 version of your plugin).

I will take the time to review what you are suggesting ... and I will contact you as well.

Again, thanks for all your support ....

Don

Comment

Working...
      X