Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon doesn't always provide instant status unless it's HS controlling the device

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon doesn't always provide instant status unless it's HS controlling the device

Hi team,

I currently use the ISY994 and with it it doesn't matter how I modify a device, it always knows about it. For example if I manually turn a switchlinc off, the ISY immediately shows it as off. If I use a mobile phone app to turn it off, same thing it knows right away. If I use a KPL to control a scene or device it again updates right away.

Using this plugin though that doesn't seem to work with HS. If I turn a device directly on or off it seems to work, so for example I turn a switchlinc off and HS shows it as off. However if I have a lamp connected via a scene to a KPL and then press the KPL to turn the lamp on or off, HS3 never updates. Even running poll all devices many times won't update it, unless HS3 or the lamp directly was controlled. Just had this issue with a fan linc, I have the KPL programmed so each button is a scene (IE KPL button A turns the fan onto high, B is medium and so on). HS3 never see this though, I press button A, the fan turns on high, and HS3 shows the fan as off. I click poll all devices, it shows it's off. If I use HS3 to turn the fan on high, low etc, it always responds and works, but it never knows when it's changed via an app or KPL. Any ideas?

for the kpl device in the plugin, check the 'sync linked responder devices' option. this should help update the linked devices to the kpl.

you can use this option for other devices as well (eg 3-way setup)
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X