This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2413U transmits but not receives

All of a sudden, my Insteon PLM stopped receiving standard device change info using the Sandler Insteon plug-in. I can still transmit to the switches.

In troubleshooting, I did the following, and this is what is confusing to me:

1. Deleted the device and reprogrammed it using the Tap-Add Insteon Device feature. And it appeared to communicate. That leads me to believe that the 2413U is still receiving.
    2. Switched over to the HSInsteon plug-in and ran it in debug mode. When I changed the status of a device (turned on the switch), I received a command verification in the debug log. Again, that leads me to believe that the 2413U is still receiving.
    3. Polled a device and it polled correctly as 0 when off and 100 when on. But device management won't show the correct status without polling.

One thing I can't remember how to do, sadly, is add a new switch using the Sandler Insteon device. After I deleted my device and then added it again using the Tap-Add feature, I cannot control it or receive a status from it in device management. I'm rusty. I think I forgot a step.

Thanks for any troubleshooting help you can give.

Seth

seth, please run the "reset and reprogram interface" function from the plugin config page. this should take care of the issue.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Success! Thank you, my friend. (Sorry for the delay in gratitude, but I was out of town.)

Seth

Comment

Oops. I spoke too soon. Partial success. The insteon control is working, but the PLM is not sending or receiving X-10 signals. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

assuming you have x0 enabled on the plugin config page, and you see entries in the log that the plugin is trying to send cmds, then noise on the powerline is causing the problem.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
          X