X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub 2245-222 Can't connect

Hi,

I once been able to connect to the Hub from HS3. I had problem and revert back to my USB PLM.

I'm trying again to setup my Hub and I got that message:

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.

I can connect from my Inteon iPhone app with the username and password that come with it. But not from HS...

In the log:

you should be using the local username & pswd on the bottom of the hub for the settings on the plugin config page.

try connecting to the hub via a browser using the same ip address port 25105 and the above username/pswd

you might try the latest beta in the beta section of the Updater
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

2245 Hub Losing Connection

Mark,

I've been using your plugin w/o any issues for past year or two, but my hub just went bad and I had to switch to the new Hub2 2245-222 (Rev 1.0-4014). It connects about one out of 4 times I activate the Insteon plug-in, but even then it errors out in just a few minutes or less. I have not been able to go through the process to realign all my links to the new hub. I'm on 3.0.5.88 version of your plugin, most up to date HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows), and the new Hub2 has had its firmware updated to latest version as of today. I've had this HUB2 as a backup for maybe a year, so wondering if it is too outdated. I've ordered a new one to see if it will work. Hub has a static IP address and is registering correctly on router. Any recommendations? I can connect to the hub using the URL and Port. Issue is Insteon plugin in HS3 keeps login connection (or not connecting at all), giving this message: "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port ". I have the correct URL & Port listed, as well as the correct ID & PW. Appreciate any direction you can provide. Not a happy house without automation....

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
        Mark,

I've been using your plugin w/o any issues for past year or two, but my hub just went bad and I had to switch to the new Hub2 2245-222 (Rev 1.0-4014). It connects about one out of 4 times I activate the Insteon plug-in, but even then it errors out in just a few minutes or less. I have not been able to go through the process to realign all my links to the new hub. I'm on 3.0.5.88 version of your plugin, most up to date HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows), and the new Hub2 has had its firmware updated to latest version as of today. I've had this HUB2 as a backup for maybe a year, so wondering if it is too outdated. I've ordered a new one to see if it will work. Hub has a static IP address and is registering correctly on router. Any recommendations? I can connect to the hub using the URL and Port. Issue is Insteon plugin in HS3 keeps login connection (or not connecting at all), giving this message: "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port ". I have the correct URL & Port listed, as well as the correct ID & PW. Appreciate any direction you can provide. Not a happy house without automation....
        have you tried a factory reset on the hub?

also what plm fw ver is it running? I think the latest I've seen/tested in 9E.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          have you tried a factory reset on the hub?

also what plm fw ver is it running? I think the latest I've seen/tested in 9E.
          I tried a factory reset several times. Sometimes HS3 can connect for a few minutes or longer, but then say's it cannot connect to the hub, even though it is on the network and I can connect via the hub's web page using the IP and Port. I purchased a newer version of the HUB 2 with following specs:

INSTEON HUB2 Details
          Hub2-V04-20140904
          PLM Version:9F
          Firmware:1010 Build May 18 2016 09:51:34

Still having issues keeping connected. I was able to relink about half of my Insteon devices, but ones with group scenes especially seemed not to relink to new hub and had to have new scenes created and the old ones deleted, then could relink.

Also, I notices a ton of the following in my log, which seem to stop when I deactivate the Insteon plugin:

Nov-10 6:40:56 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Insteon
          Nov-10 6:40:56 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False
          Nov-10 6:40:56 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False
          Nov-10 6:40:55 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False
          Nov-10 6:40:54 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False
          Nov-10 6:40:54 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False
          Nov-10 6:40:53 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False
          Nov-10 6:40:53 PM DEBUG HSCan_Dim GET returning False

Have you seen these entries before? I tried Googling and don't see any info on them. But they do seem to stop when plugin is deactivated. Wondering if they are part of the problem, flooding HS3 and hub with too many inputs.

Any ideas?

Comment

those debug msgs are not from my plugin. they look like HS3 msgs.

try adding the following to your insteon.ini and restarting. this is the poll frequency. the default is 1000 ms.

[Hub]
            GetXMLBufferInterval=2000
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Issue may have been multiple hardware failures and/or corruption. I've replaced the PC and hub and reinstalled HS3. Devices were really messed up and not connecting and kept pulling in links to devices they were never linked to. I delete the links and they'd come back. Finally began factory resetting all my devices and rebuilding all my scenes, which were lost, from scratch. Hub is now staying connected reliably now, though, which is good news.

Given that I need to rebuild everything, I'm looking at going back to scripts. I had everything in scripts for the old HS, but didn't have time to learn the new code when I upgraded to HS3 Pro. Now I want to rebuild using scripts go forward. I saw you had some comments on the TenScripting message board, so I'm assuming you are using TenScripting? Did you need to do anything special to make it work with your Insteon plugin? I'm running into issue where the simple 'toggle' script will change and Insteon LampLinc on and off in the user interface, but the actual device is not turning on or off in reality. I switched to running the script in VB on the same PC as HS3 is running -- same issue. Also tried having the HS3 UI run it from the web page attached to an Event. Same thing. If I'm going to rebuild, really want to do it right. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
                Issue may have been multiple hardware failures and/or corruption. I've replaced the PC and hub and reinstalled HS3. Devices were really messed up and not connecting and kept pulling in links to devices they were never linked to. I delete the links and they'd come back. Finally began factory resetting all my devices and rebuilding all my scenes, which were lost, from scratch. Hub is now staying connected reliably now, though, which is good news.

Given that I need to rebuild everything, I'm looking at going back to scripts. I had everything in scripts for the old HS, but didn't have time to learn the new code when I upgraded to HS3 Pro. Now I want to rebuild using scripts go forward. I saw you had some comments on the TenScripting message board, so I'm assuming you are using TenScripting? Did you need to do anything special to make it work with your Insteon plugin? I'm running into issue where the simple 'toggle' script will change and Insteon LampLinc on and off in the user interface, but the actual device is not turning on or off in reality. I switched to running the script in VB on the same PC as HS3 is running -- same issue. Also tried having the HS3 UI run it from the web page attached to an Event. Same thing. If I'm going to rebuild, really want to do it right. Any suggestions?
                you need to use the new hs3 CAPI to control devices from scripts.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark!

Yep, you are right -- I slept on it and came to the same conclusion this morning. I expected that the HS3 TenScripting project download had examples that used the HS3 CAPI, but not so. I inserted a single line CAPI command and it worked like a charm. Thanks as always for your quick response and plugin. An automated house is a happy house!

Comment

Working...
                  X