This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon strange communication failure

I have Mark's Plugin (paid for & licensed).
    Worked for the first few days. Until I got new Insteon switches & door & Motion sensors direct from Smarthome.
    When I went to register the new devices only the RF only units would connect and register.
    The 4 new dual band hardwired devices will not respond to the registration request.
    Troubleshooting.
    The devices will show when I request "show interface links" but no link data, just the address shows.
    The existing devises work both RF & power line mode.
    Have the 2413U PLM. Brand new. Added "PortType=USB" to instion config .INI -no change.
    There is bidirectional communication with the existing devices.
    To me it seams that the is a DLL or INI issue.

Log entry: <TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Sep-27 14:24:29 </TD> <TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD> <TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Insteon </TD> <TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>The Insteon device at 40.56.3D did not respond. Please check to make sure the address is correct and that the device is powered-up. The device was not registered. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Please advise

this is a comm issue on the powerline or RF signal. something is blocking your signal.

search this forum for tips to find and resolve noisy devices.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X