This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamp Module Out of Whack

What does it mean when the plug-in is suddenly unable to ping or communicate with a lamp module, yet the module still works locally and responds to RF controllers, etc.?

I was running a "Read Device Links and Settings" against a lamp module, and it failed. So I pinged it, and out of 20 tries it failed 100%. I then tested the module itself, and it works with local control. It also appears in the log as working.

Oct-22 1:53:43 PM Insteon Received message from Living Room Nightmare Lamp (1A.EC.BF) taking hops: 1
    Oct-22 1:53:43 PM Insteon Received 1A.EC.BF:1 (Living Room Nightmare Lamp) Go OFF

(Don't ask why it's called a Nightmare Lamp).

Should I try a factory reset?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

there is something on the lamp module circuit that might be causing noise or eating the signal from the PLM.

or the PLM has lost the lamp module insteon id link and is ignoring msgs from the module
    Last edited by mnsandler; October 22, 2016, 04:49 PM. Reason: Or...
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OK, how do I solve? Or is the module unusable?

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Try the "program device for HomeSeer" first. If that doesn't help try the reset and reprogram in the interface
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The first one worked for some reason. Thanks!

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
            The first one worked for some reason. Thanks!
            sometimes the links go bad (the device database gets corrupt/erased), and they need to be refreshed. Glad its working again.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X