X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Pro Hub (HomeKit)

Will the plugin work with the Pro Hub?

Actually now I am wondering why I bought the pro hub in the first place. I was trying to tie everything together.

Insteon switches, Hues lights, Zwave switches, a few X10 switches, August locks, Alexa.

I started with Siri and then added Alexa.

Seems like I should be able to do everything with HS3 and the right plugins??

the Insteon Pro Hub is not supported. Apparently it has different firmware than the regular Hubs.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OK just to be sure I get the correct stuff, if I have a standard Insteon hub from HS3 I can create a scene that could set Hue lights, Insteon lights and trigger that scene from an Alexa command.

I really only got the Pro Hub as I was trying use Siri to do this stuff. Alexa would be lots better I am hoping.

Any thoughts? Did I get that scenario above correct?

THANK YOU for taking time to reply!

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
        OK just to be sure I get the correct stuff, if I have a standard Insteon hub from HS3 I can create a scene that could set Hue lights, Insteon lights and trigger that scene from an Alexa command.

I really only got the Pro Hub as I was trying use Siri to do this stuff. Alexa would be lots better I am hoping.

Any thoughts? Did I get that scenario above correct?

THANK YOU for taking time to reply!
        i'll have to let others chime in here. I don't use Alexa or a hub.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

You do not need an insteon hub to control the insteon devices using the plugin?

Comment

You do not need an insteon hub to control the insteon devices using the plugin?
            you can use a PLM 2413 series controller, but I have no idea about the integration with Alexa
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Does your plugin only work with the PLM 2413 or does it also talk to an insteon hub? I guess I am asking what the requirement is for your plugin to communicate with insteon?

I am going to put in a HomeTroller-SEL stop using the old pcs I have used for years.

Comment

Does your plugin only work with the PLM 2413 or does it also talk to an insteon hub? I guess I am asking what the requirement is for your plugin to communicate with insteon?

I am going to put in a HomeTroller-SEL stop using the old pcs I have used for years.
                please review the following post. if you have questions. please start a "new" thread. Kinda hijacked this one.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184037
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X