This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Connect Mini remote (2342-2

I am having a hell of a time getting my 8 button mini remote to connect to my PML (2413U) and this plugin.

I see various threads where some say the tap-add works and others say they needed to manually add it. Can someone please give me STEP-BY-STEP button presses which worked for you? I have tried everything and nothing seems to work for me.

I am working from 100% clean (factory reset) devices. To do that I did that following (someone confirm I'm doing the right thing)...

On the PLM: Unplug from wall. Hold the SET button while plugging it back in. wait for long beep to stop then let go of the SET button. Get a double beep. Unplug and plug back in.

On the Mini remote: Turn Off. Hold the SET button while turning back on. Wait for long been to stop then let go of the SET button. Get a double beep.

if you aren't running the latest beta, please update. You can find it in the Beta section of the Updater.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am on beta version .88. I got it to work once but only one button showed up. So, I did a hard reset of the PLM and mini remote and now no matter my sequence of button presses, I can't get it to connect at all.

Can you tell me your exact sequence of button presses in the plugin, on the PLM and/or on the mini remote to get the remote to connect?

Comment

since you reset the plm, you should run the 'update interface database' from the plugin config page.

as for registering the remote, just it into link mode (hold set btn until it beeps; about 3 secs), then register it in the plugin using the manual add and entering the insteon id.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Unfortunately that isn't working for me. I seem to have a newer version than others (it says "V2.0S" on the back). I wonder if something changed in this new version?

When I have a chance this weekend I'll post the logs.

Comment

follow the procedure in the remote manual for linking the remote to the plm, then try registering it with the plugin.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X