This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Point Linking ??

On the Currently Registered Insteon Devices page should access points show as linked ??

TIA

Acccess points don't get linked to anything; they just forward msgs. You can register them if you want but the only status you will get is whether they are online or offline which is based on a periodic ping.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Acccess points don't get linked to anything; they just forward msgs. You can register them if you want but the only status you will get is whether they are online or offline which is based on a periodic ping.
      At one time I think you explained to me how to get the access points to indicate if they are commutating with each other. I'm wondering if you can explain how to do that once again ???

Lastly does it matter that one is a range extender ??

TIA

Comment

Here is a page on bridging the phases
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...e-bridging-101

as for the details of the access point, i'll refer you to the manual
        https://www.insteon.com/support-know...-owners-manual

the range extender and access point are basically the same device; i think Inteon rebranded the access point to range extender. so you can use one of each

are you trying to connect a second structure (like a shed/barn/garage) to the main house?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X