This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Lots of joy here!

Go the access points, toggle switches and an appliance link defined and they are working.

Now for some HS logic.

Comment

just remember to link the rf devices to the plm manually then try to add them to hs3 using mark's AMAZING plugin.

Comment

HS3 logic is pretty much done. Turning on outside floods and triggering cameras. Just like I wanted.

I have one Insteon motion detector that was installed outside for about 7 years. Brought it inside to get it added to HS. Put in a new battery and I get nothing. Pressing the little button is supposed to light the red LED but nothing happens. I'm going to say it is no longer any good.

I'm going to add some door sensors for the entry doors and a couple of motion sensors.

As you can tell, I'm pretty focused on security rather than home automation.

Comment

You need to press and hold the motion sensor button for a few seconds until the led starts blinking. If that doesn't work, you can try a factory reset - google the instructions for the model you have. Failing that, its probably toast.

Also be sure you put jumper 5 over the pins, and all others off. That will allow you to set all parameters dynamically from the Insteon Plug-in rather than fiddling with the internal adjustments.

Comment

Working...
          X