This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insteon hub

is it possible to piggy back an insteon hub to an already established plm/network using the plugin?

Would I have to run 2 instances of HS3 to "gain" this possibility?

Reason: possible cortana integration using hub and insteon brewed software.

the plugin supports the hub as its primary insteon interface. Anything you do with the hub outside of homeseer/the plugin is not supported. That is, any devices you register or control via the smarthome app are not seen by the hs/plugin

but others are doing this, you just have to maintain both apps depending on what you are controlling.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

is there any way to keep my serial plm going along with the hub or do I have to decide hub or not to hub 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateInternet View Post
        is there any way to keep my serial plm going along with the hub or do I have to decide hub or not to hub 100%?
        you can run the hub independently of hs if you want but the plugin can only manage one interface.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X