This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2143U, S or Insteon Hub?

I have a large zwave network, however, I'm not happy with the ceiling fan option (GE) as I have some fans that only have hot, neutral and ground going to them (no fourth wire for independant light and fan control). I've been usinf "dumb" lutron controllers on these fans and am thinking about switching to insteon fanlincs with 6-button keypadlincs to control fan speed and dimming (they can do dimming, right?)

Anyway, if I go forward with this, what would be the best interface to buy?

USB is easy to connect.

If I use the serial version, it will be connected via a Qualtech RS232-to-ethernet device. Mark says the serial is most reliable, and I've never had issues with devices connecting through the Qualtech device.

Finally, I can use the hub as I have plenty of open ports on my switches.

My breaker box is full - maxed out with tandem breakers as well - so I cannot use a Signalinc and will have to rely on other ways to bridge the phases. It looks like in the bridging 101 sticky, that I may not need to bridge if I use a 2413 and dual-band keypadlinc, another vote for the 2413-S.

Given my setup, which would be the best interface - they're all the same price, but it looks like the serial device gives me the best band for the buck if using HomeSeer. Thoughts?
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

The fanlinc and keypadlinc dimmer are both dual-band and support dimming. So I would use the Insteon Hub and place it close to the fanlinc and kpl so you shouldn't have comm issues. Then you don't need to worry about a signalinc.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X