Dual control outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual control outlets

So I purchased a couple dual control outlets for Christmas and am getting around to integrate them into my HS system. Using the HS Insteon plugin, I don't see a way to control the 2 separate outlets, like the device allows. Is there a way to set this up so I can control both outlets separately?

I can only say that the dual outlets work correctly with the paid Insteon plugin.

Comment

Ok, which plugin specifically? Is it the Insteon one by Mark Sandler?

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
        I can only say that the dual outlets work correctly with the paid Insteon plugin.
        So I added the trial plugin of the Mark Sandler Insteon plugin, can you give me a quick rundown of how to add the dual outlet so I can use both parts of the outlet? Thank you.

Comment

Go to Plugins - Insteon - Configuration - Manage Devices - Add new Insteon Device
          Key in the six character ID of the dual outlet link
          Name it as desired
          Select Confirm Add

When it is done, you will have two new devices, one for the top outlet and one for the bottom one.

Note that you will have to re add all of your Insteon devices this way.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
            Go to Plugins - Insteon - Configuration - Manage Devices - Add new Insteon Device
            Key in the six character ID of the dual outlet link
            Name it as desired
            Select Confirm Add

When it is done, you will have two new devices, one for the top outlet and one for the bottom one.

Note that you will have to re add all of your Insteon devices this way.
            Awesome, thanks for the info! I appreciate the help!

Comment

Works like a champ! I have a couple devices that aren't adding, so I gotta figure out why, but it isn't HS or the Insteon plugin, as they are finicky in my iPhone Insteon app.

Comment

You should probably move the discussion on that to here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...teon-mnsandler
                You'll get great support.

Comment

Working...
                X