Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V3.0.1.8: "Install/Update of package ISYInsteon failed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V3.0.1.8: "Install/Update of package ISYInsteon failed.

I'm on version 3.0.1.6. I selected the new update 3.0.1.8 from the 'manage plugins' page, but it always fails. I've tried restarting HS3, but the same results. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
    I'm on version 3.0.1.6. I selected the new update 3.0.1.8 from the 'manage plugins' page, but it always fails. I've tried restarting HS3, but the same results. Any suggestions?
    Is there any information in the log that indicates why it failed?

I just rolled back to 3.0.1.6 and then updated through the manage plug-in's page. I did have to disable the plug-in first before doing the update as trying to update while the plug-in was running did fail since it couldn't overwrite the files while they are in-use.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Ah, shutting down the Plug-in first resolved the issue. Thanks!!!

Comment

HS3 keeps creating multiples of some devices. I delete them, restart HS3, and they soon come back again. Same reference number created multiple times. "Lamps" is a scene made up of Lamp 1 and Lamp 2. I almost wonder if it creates an entry for (Scene + Each member of the scene)?
        EG: Lamps (Scene), Lamps + Lamp 1, Lamps + Lamp 2, Lamp 1, Lamp 2. There is only "Lamps Scene" and Lamp 1 and Lamp 2 in the ISY.
        It's not creating multiples, it's just showing the same device in multiple groups. It has to do with how the devices are linked to each other. What you're seeing above actually makes sense (sort of). Each scene is linked to each scene member (the bottom grouping). However each device is also linked to any scenes it's a member of so that what the other two groupings are. Logically, it makes sense, but the way that HomeSeer is displaying it makes it confusing. When a device is a member of more than one scene, the groupings start getting really weird.

So maybe setting up all these associations between the devices and scenes wasn't such a good idea.

Also, the Device Status page doesn't show many of the devices in each room now. They are present on Device Management, but not Device Status (even if you reset all tabs, only a few of the room's devices show up). They are not "Hidden" devices.
        I'm not sure what's going on with this. I've never really used the device status view but when I look at mine, the devices seem to all be there. I'm not doing anything specific to that view when creating the devices. I'll have to look into it and see if I can find some information about it.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X