ISY Re-IP Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Re-IP Issue

I've gone through a network re-config and changed my internal IP's. This caused a change of my ISY IP address. Now the ISYInsteon plugin won't start. I'm fairly sure it's because it can't find the ISY at the IP address it was at previously.

There are no standard ini configuration files for this plugin. So how do I update the IP address? Or do I now remove the plugin and install from scratch? This will result in the loss of my existing devices right?

Once HS3 is finished initializing, Select the Plugins tab. from there select the ISYInsteon plug in. Then select ISYplugin configuration, should be at the options tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Majkman View Post
      Once HS3 is finished initializing, Select the Plugins tab. from there select the ISYInsteon plug in. Then select ISYplugin configuration, should be at the options tab.
      The problem is the plugin gets stuck in the init phase. After about 15 minutes it finally loads to a point where the configuration is accessible. The page finally was available and I was able to change the one octet... fun. Most wouldn't just leave it and wait but this is on my test box so I don't really care.

Comment

I guess we should wait for Bob then. Can you connect it to a temp network addressed the old way, change it, and then move it to the new network?

Comment

Originally posted by Majkman View Post
          I guess we should wait for Bob then. Can you connect it to a temp network addressed the old way, change it, and then move it to the new network?
          I just waited it out.... after about 15 minutes or so the plugin finally showed the config page and I changed the IP, saved and things were good. I restarted the plugin just to be sure and it's good.

Mainly wanting bpwwer to know this is a problem and I find it odd that the basic plugin information is not in a normal ini file for these types of scenarios/problems.

Comment

I believe the start up delay is caused by the network stack timeouts. I try 10 times to contact the ISY before giving up. If that's taking 15 minutes, it sounds like each connection attempt is taking quite a while to timeout. 10 attempts seemed like a reasonably number but maybe it's a too many.

You could delete the options.db file in the hs3/data/ISYInsteon directory and that would clear out only the configuration options listed in the Options tab (IP address, username, password, location configuration). You wouldn't lose any other configuration or the devices.

The reason for not using simple .ini files is that a lot of the configuration just doesn't map to a key/value format and I didn't want to maintain support in the plug-in for multiple types of configuration files.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in
            http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
              I believe the start up delay is caused by the network stack timeouts. I try 10 times to contact the ISY before giving up. If that's taking 15 minutes, it sounds like each connection attempt is taking quite a while to timeout. 10 attempts seemed like a reasonably number but maybe it's a too many.

You could delete the options.db file in the hs3/data/ISYInsteon directory and that would clear out only the configuration options listed in the Options tab (IP address, username, password, location configuration). You wouldn't lose any other configuration or the devices.

The reason for not using simple .ini files is that a lot of the configuration just doesn't map to a key/value format and I didn't want to maintain support in the plug-in for multiple types of configuration files.
              Bob the information on the options.db file is perfect! Perhaps add that to the docs or a note in a sticky thread?

Comment

Working...
              X