Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem setting variable

Hi,

I'm trying to use EasyTrigger & ISYInsteon to set a device value to an ISY state variable when the device value changes (and vice versa)

Using 2 events, I have achieved partial success.

First event:

If sVolume (ISY state var) has a value that just changed
    THEN
    Set Device Chromecast Volume to sVolume

This event is working

My second event is not working and I can't figure out why:
    If Chromecast Volume has a value that just changed
    THEN
    Set Device sVolume to Chromecast Volume

Interestingly, in the HomeSeer Device List, the value for sVolume does change based on Chromecast Volume, BUT this change is not reflected in the ISY. If I click "submit" then the change appears in the ISY. It just seems like for some reason the device change isn't making it to the ISY for some reason. When I use "ISYInsteon ISY Device Actions" I can successfully change ISY variables but can't use Homeseer variables here.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with ISY insteon or EasyTrigger. Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks,

Ben

I found that changing them through events doesn't work because the value is not "submitted" in the same manner as the device control does. What I did was used a hs.GetUrl() script command to set the value in the ISY.

Comment

Aha, so not just me having this problem. Perhaps it can be fixed in the ISY Insteon PI bpwwer ?

Comment

Yes, it should be possible to fix since I now know it's an issue. Thanks for reporting it.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hi bpwwer

Any news with this? Would logs be of assistance?

Comment

Yeah, I have it fixed. But I think it's really a bug in HomeSeer. I was defining the variable device with a control that was used to set a value and a control to display the status. While this worked fine from the device management screen, the event action UI doesn't seem to know how to handle it correctly. Mainly because it wants to display the text box control as a dropdown list. The result was that I don't think HomeSeer knew how to actually update the device value.

To fix this, I delete both the control and status and create a new combined status/control range for the variable. This sort of works with event actions, but since HomeSeer still wants to display the values in a dropdown and the dropdown would have something like 2 trillion entries (all possible integer numbers), it only shows like every 8,388,608th value. However, using EasyTrigger to set it to a variable works fine as do the other EasyTrigger actions.

This fix will be part of the next release. I do have other issues I'm working on so it will be a few more days before I make a release.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in
              http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks. Looking forward to installing this update when available!

Ben

Comment

Working...
                X