Plugin will not install in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin will not install in HS3

I am trying to perform an initial install of the ISYInsteon plugin, but for the life of me I cannot get it to install. I keep getting this message: "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from ISYInsteon - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows), and have tried just about everything I can think of. I can get it to work on a brand new install of HS3, but as soon I copy over the old HS3 folder (as in a migration) it falls back to the same message.

FYI - I was using Mark Sandler's Insteon plugin, but have deactivated and even uninstalled it with the same results.

I know I am missing something, but can't put my finger on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That's not much to go on.

It sounds like the plug-in isn't running or stops soon after it starts. You can try running the plug-in from a 'cmd' window. It will output log info to the cmd window as it starts so that might provide a clue as to what's happening.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. Here is the output from the cmd window:

Plugin: ISYInsteon Instance: 3.0.1.19 starting...
      ISYInsteon Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
      Creating isy class instance: [192.168.1.152]
      IsyAutoDetect : ISY initialization failed to locate an ISY on the network.
      GetDescURL : ISY initialization failed to locate an ISY on the network.
      Connected to HomeSeer at ip address 127.0.0.1
      Host API version = 3 HomeSeer 3.0.0.548 (4)
      Callback API version = 3
      Failed to register with HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Callback API version = 3
      Failed to register with HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      IsyAutoDetect : ISY initialization failed to locate an ISY on the network.
      GetDescURL : ISY initialization failed to locate an ISY on the network.
      Initialize : ISY initialization failed to locate an ISY on the network.
      read : The subscription connection to ISY has failed.
      Read exited with False
      Attemp to close TcpClient
      Bottom of subscription thread loop
      Restart : Last message received before restart
      Restart : ->
      Callback API version = 3
      read : The subscription connection to ISY has failed.
      Read exited with False
      Attemp to close TcpClient
      Bottom of subscription thread loop
      Restart : Last message received before restart
      Restart : ->

I see a reference to 192.168.1.152 in the third line when trying to create the isy class instance. My Homeseer server is at 192.168.1.19 and the ISY is at 192.168.1.159. Not sure where the .152 is coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by djohnstx View Post
        This looks like the problem. It makes a call into HomeSeer to register the plug-in after it has connected and fails. This is part of the standard plug-in initialization with HomeSeer and not something that's actually plug-in specific. So I don't think there's anything I can do in the plug-in to fix this.

The only suggestion I have is to make sure there isn't some anti-virus or firewall blocking the connection since it is making a network connection to HomeSeer.

I see a reference to 192.168.1.152 in the third line when trying to create the isy class instance. My Homeseer server is at 192.168.1.19 and the ISY is at 192.168.1.159. Not sure where the .152 is coming from?
        I think it found something on .152 that looked like it could be an ISY and so it tried to connect with it and failed. Once the plug-in is running, you can go to the plug-in configuration and enter the correct IP (along with username and password) for your ISY. It connects to HomeSeer over the local address 127.0.01 as that's a bit faster than connecting over the external interface and both HomeSeer and the plug-in are running on the same machine.

--
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks for your prompt replies, Bob. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

I moved from ISY to Homeseer two years ago and believe (honestly don't remember since I've slept since then) I tried out your plugin before settling on Mark's Insteon plugin. I semi-retired the ISY for the past two years, and just dug it out to give it another try. The old IP address must have been .152 because I pulled up the Agave app on one of my tablets and that's what was saved in the settings. So Homeseer must still be hanging on to that IP address somehow, since it works fine with a clean install of Homeseer.

I have 95 insteon devices, with only a handfull of Z-wave. I could probably just reassign my ISY to IP .152 instead of .159, but I just decided to go with a clean install to avoid any other possible conflicts. I don't have too many events to reconstruct and would most likely have to update all of them anyway for the ISY devices, so it's not the end of the world. It will be a good chance to clean house, which I tend to do every few years.

Thanks again for your help and for all you do for the Homeseer community!

Comment

Working...
          X