Need to hit refresh button for ISY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to hit refresh button for ISY?

I just installed the ISY plug-in and all seems to work fine within HS, however once I use a HS control button such as ON to control a light, the OFF button does not work unless I hit a refresh first. Is this normal?

Hi victory.tl,

It is not normal for either of the buttons to not work without a refresh.

However, it is possible for the HomeSeer status page to get out of sync with the actual status and require a refresh to bring it back in sync. This happens because the page refreshes before the ISY/plug-in updates the status.

Just so that I'm clear on what's happening can you verify that this is what you see:

1) from the HomeSeer web status page you use the "ON" button to turn on a light. The light turns on.

2) from the same page, you use the "OFF" button and nothing happens, the light does not turn off.

3) you refresh the page

4) from the web status page you use the "OFF" button again and this time the light turns off.

If my understanding is right, I'd really like to see the log information for that time frame. Ideally with the plug-in's log level set to at least Notice.

Originally posted by victory.tl View Post
    I just installed the ISY plug-in and all seems to work fine within HS, however once I use a HS control button such as ON to control a light, the OFF button does not work unless I hit a refresh first. Is this normal?
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

From HS web control page I push ON button and light turns on. I immediately push OFF button and nothing happens. I push the refresh button and then OFF button and lights turn OFF. I recently installed the HStouch web server and do not have this problem while using my iPhone to control the same light.

My system is a brand new HomeSeer Hometroller-SE PRO connected to an ISY-99 version 3.1.1.17.

Comment

From HS web control page I push ON button and light turns on. I immediately push OFF button and nothing happens. I push the refresh button and then OFF button and lights turn OFF. I recently installed the HStouch web server and do not have this problem while using my iPhone to control the same light.

My system is a brand new HomeSeer Hometroller-SE PRO connected to an ISY-99 version 3.1.1.17.
        I'm still not sure I fully understand. When you say "light turns on" and "lights turn off" are you talking about the physical light or the lightbulb image on the web page?

If you are talking about the lightbulb image on the web page, then the behavior you are seeing is normal, sometimes HomeSeer will update the web page in response to the button presses before the ISY and my plug-in have updated HomeSeer with the new status. This is because when a command is sent to the ISY the response is command received. Sometime later (how much later depends on a number of different factors) the device will change state, notify the ISY, which notifies the plug-in which finally updates HomeSeer. HomeSeer doesn't give plug-in's the ability to refresh the web page so the web page doesn't show the current state until you manually refresh it. I believe HSTouch does do automatic refreshes when the status of the device changes, so manual refreshes aren't necessary.

If you are talking about the physical light. Then something is really wrong, the physical light should be responding to the button presses without needing to refresh the web page.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

It may be your web browser. I use RockMelt for web browsing, but it acts as you describe with HomeSeer. Using IExplorer, on the other hand, I can click ON and OFF without refreshing.

Comment

Yes, the real light does not turn OFF after turning it ON from HS, unless I do a refresh.

However, I am using a Macbook Pro with Safari as the browser, so per jbbtex's suggestion I tried it on a PC and it works fine! So it must be related to the browser. As I said earlier it also works fine on my iPhone.

Comment

Yes, the real light does not turn OFF after turning it ON from HS, unless I do a refresh.

However, I am using a Macbook Pro with Safari as the browser, so per jbbtex's suggestion I tried it on a PC and it works fine! So it must be related to the browser. As I said earlier it also works fine on my iPhone.
              Wow, that is really interesting. I never thought to try accessing from a Mac, so I tried that along with a few other browsers.

OSX - Safari - doesn't work
              WinXP - Safari - doesn't work
              WinXP - Chrome - doesn't work
              WinXP - Firefox - does work.

So only IE and Firefox seem to work. From what I can tell, it's something to do with the web page code that causes it. I was trying with a standard light control and for those, I let HomeSeer use the default on/off/dim controls on the web page (the plug-in does add the toggle button). Once you use one of the buttons for a device, none of the other buttons for that device work until you refresh (the dim drop down does work though). Other device buttons do work, but each one you use seems to lock out the device until you manually refresh.

I also tried a z-wave device with the same behavior. So at this point I'm pretty confident that it's not a plug-in bug but an incompatibility between HomeSeer and the various browsers.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
              X