Speak Insteon Therm Parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak Insteon Therm Parameters

Is there a way to reference the individual "nodes" (not sure what to call them) of the Insteon thermostats that are brought over by this plugin?

Homeseer just lists one address but in ISY you can address separate nodes such as .CLISPH for the heat set point.

Is there a way to reference these in Homeseer speak and email events?

Originally posted by akraymod3 View Post
    Is there a way to reference the individual "nodes" (not sure what to call them) of the Insteon thermostats that are brought over by this plugin?

Homeseer just lists one address but in ISY you can address separate nodes such as .CLISPH for the heat set point.
    The plug-in should have created separate nodes for each also. I'll qualify that by saying that I only have one of the early Venstar thermostats so that's all I've tested it with. If you're not seeing 8 (I think it's 8) different HS devices for the thermostat then something is wrong.

First step would be to delete the thermostat device from HomeSeer and restart. This will let the plug-in re-create the thermostat device nodes. If it still only creates one device then I'll need some information:

1) What thermostat do you have?
    2) Which plug-in/version are you using (HS2 plug-in & version vs. HS3)?

Is there a way to reference these in Homeseer speak and email events?
    That's a good question. They are just normal (ish) HomeSeer devices with values, at least for HS2. So the value would be referenced like any other HomeSeer device. I've not tried this but a quick search for how to embed device values in speech shows for HS2:

Code:
    $$DV:(address)
    Where (address) is the devices address as R40 or whatever the thermostat device.

HS3 has something similar but a slightly different format.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
      The plug-in should have created separate nodes for each also. I'll qualify that by saying that I only have one of the early Venstar thermostats so that's all I've tested it with. If you're not seeing 8 (I think it's 8) different HS devices for the thermostat then something is wrong.

First step would be to delete the thermostat device from HomeSeer and restart. This will let the plug-in re-create the thermostat device nodes. If it still only creates one device then I'll need some information:

1) What thermostat do you have?
      2) Which plug-in/version are you using (HS2 plug-in & version vs. HS3)?

That's a good question. They are just normal (ish) HomeSeer devices with values, at least for HS2. So the value would be referenced like any other HomeSeer device. I've not tried this but a quick search for how to embed device values in speech shows for HS2:

Code:
      $$DV:(address)
      Where (address) is the devices address as R40 or whatever the thermostat device.

HS3 has something similar but a slightly different format.

Although Homeseer lists all the nodes with their different names, the address is the same for all of them. The thermostats are Insteon (newest version). I'm also using the newest version of HS3 and the ISY plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by akraymod3 View Post
        Although Homeseer lists all the nodes with their different names, the address is the same for all of them. The thermostats are Insteon (newest version). I'm also using the newest version of HS3 and the ISY plugin.
        yeah, the Insteon address is the same, but the HomeSeer ID for each is different and you need to use the HomeSeer ID to reference the device.

If you click on one of the devices, like the -HSP device and then click on the "Advanced" tab, you'll see a Reference ID number. That should be unique for each of the thermostat capabilities. I believe that's what you need to use to reference the device in the speak command.

I think the info you need is in the HS3 user's guide. See page 19 in this document: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/HS3Help.pdf
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
        X