Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible bug

Hi,

I have been using your plugin almost from the first time you posted it and it's working fine overall but there is one thing that is really annoying that have always caused me some trouble.

I'm not a native english speaker so I rename on/off and statuses to my native langage. I also make changes to the status icons an sometimes even move the buttons around. This is usually not a problem but with this plugin all is reset back to default when the plugin is updated, restarted or now when I upgraded HS3 to latest version. When this happen I need to manually update everything again.

In some cases I have made a virtual device that I change to my liking that uses the default plugin setup and this works quite well but that also brings a lot of extra work.

I suspect that you are native english speaking and maybe most of the users here are and that would be the reason that no one have reported this before.

Other than the above everything is working fine. I do miss some, for me, quite important dpt's though but I can post them later in the feature requests thread. I just want this basic stuff, described above, fixed first. Can you make this happen for us who do not use an english UI? Is it something that I'm doing incorrect? Please enlighten me in that case.

Best regards
    Christian

Hi Christian

You make a good point. I'll see if I can make this an easy fix once I get a bit of time to dive back into the plug-in.

Regards
    Nicolai
    Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Nicolai,

Much appreciated.

There is also an issue with version handling on the beta .14. I updated to this one and that works but the version number is still at .13. Not a big issue but this has caused me to update more than one time being unsure if I have the latest.

When discussing the beta it seems that dpt 12.001 is not working properly. ETS gives me a value of 45 while your plugin gives 754974720 for the same group address.

Best regards
      Christian

Comment

Hi Nicolai,

I'm also seeing this problem. It appears that any device created through izKNX is reset to the defaults whenever HomeSeer is restarted, so I lose custom status graphics (individual & range), status control settings, and status texts are all also reset.

This is really limiting the usefulness of the KNX plug-in for me as it means I need to reconfigure about 20 devices everytime I restart HomeSeer

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 on Windows 10 Pro, with izKNX 3.0.1.13

Thanks

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
          Hi Nicolai,

I'm also seeing this problem. It appears that any device created through izKNX is reset to the defaults whenever HomeSeer is restarted, so I lose custom status graphics (individual & range), status control settings, and status texts are all also reset.

This is really limiting the usefulness of the KNX plug-in for me as it means I need to reconfigure about 20 devices everytime I restart HomeSeer

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 on Windows 10 Pro, with izKNX 3.0.1.13

Thanks

Sean
          Same here, whenever i restart all is back to default on HS 3.0.0.435 izKNX 3.0.1.13
          I'm using valves which have a range 1-255 need to reconfigure the range everytime. 20+ devices.
          Is this an plugin issue or is there an easy way to fix it?

Thanks Patrick

Comment

Same problem

Comment

I have switched to mcsknx plugin, works great.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...chael-mcsharry

Comment

Working...
              X