Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Owner/Developer Needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Not really. You can talk to it via http or telnet.

    mqtt too, but don’t like the offer on the bord about it.


    The only platform wich has completly embebed node red that i know is iobroker.

    other platform like openhab made a node red adapter. Home assistant too via websocket

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

      In HS? Do we have Node-RED support?
      No native, I issued a FR for that in the past. Currently the available route is Node-RED --> MQTT --> HS, see this thread

      ---
      John

      Comment


      • #18
        Mcsmqtt is cpu hungry, even if you desactivate all the options.

        big5 mqtt seems to be dead , no reply from the authors since 6 months.


        If you want to make a kiss mqtt plugin that is working on linux, with 2way communication and able to do some fonction and maths etc. I’d buy it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          Mcsmqtt If you want to make a kiss mqtt plugin that is working on linux, with 2way communication and able to do some fonction and maths etc. I’d buy it.
          I'm looking now, Matt

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            I'm looking now, Matt
            That will be a 5th MQTT PI for HS

            I think as developper it is more important to know the roadmap of HS4 and create plug-ins that will add unique functionality/interfacing.


            ---
            John

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by John245 View Post
              That will be a 5th MQTT PI for HS

              I think as developper it is more important to know the roadmap of HS4 and create plug-ins that will add unique functionality/interfacing.
              I'm looking too. If you have any ideas - I'm all ears (or eyes).

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                I'm looking too. If you have any ideas - I'm all ears (or eyes).
                Node-RED with easy set-up.

                But I'm aware that I also issued this as FR to the HS team to have this native in HS.

                ---
                John

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by John245 View Post
                  That will be a 5th MQTT PI for HS
                  Personally I prefer REST/HTTP when possible - it's easiest for the user and most reliable. Unless it's some battery powered device (i.e. Shelly window/door sensor) - in this case MQTT is a better option, but I don't want my plugin to rely on somebody else plugin.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by John245 View Post
                    I think as developper it is more important to know the roadmap of HS4 and create plug-ins that will add unique functionality/interfacing.
                    roadmap of HS? Nice joke

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                      roadmap of HS? Nice joke
                      I know, still hoping

                      Wit the current state of HS4 it wil even be hard for the HS team to include the functions mentioned on the HS website.

                      But I'm positive. And the positive thing of HS4 is that there is enough room for improvement.

                      ---
                      John

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by John245 View Post
                        And the positive thing of HS4 is that there is enough room for improvement.
                        Definitely, room for improvement always was a strong side of HS

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                          Definitely, room for improvement always was a strong side of HS
                          [EDIT] Hmmm, this sounds negative?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Has anybody tried any of the gateways or bridges for KNX. such as https://www.npmjs.com/package/knx-mqtt-bridge I have also seen a commercial product that performs this function as well.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              There is a KNX-Z-Wave bridge that I'm looking into, just awaiting a reply from the manufacturer.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                                Hi. I could look at this if there's enough interest. NicolaiL are you still here?
                                I'm around, occasionally, just don't do much with HomeSeer anymore as it is all Control4 for me these days. PM if you want to discuss taking over the source.
                                Nicolai L

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X