Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Owner/Developer Needed

Hi All,

First of all, thanks to you all for your support and inspiration over the years. Without you I wouldn't have gotten round to writing my various plug-ins.

However, as a business we are now concentrating more on other platforms and less on HomeSeer. Wit this and with the increased pressures of work I can no longer commit time to supporting/developing my plug-ins.

With that in mind I will shortly be publishing some of these plug-ins as Open Source. However, I believe the izKNX, izTexecom and izHeatmiser NEO plugins all need a committed owner/developer who can continue to develop and improve what is already there. Essentially I am looking to sell the source code for those three plug-ins. I am only looking for one owner per plug-in and once you have the source code you are free to do what you want with it including selling them in the HomeSeer store. At the same time I will stop my sale of the plug-in.

If you are up for the challenge, please PM me and we can start a disalogue to see if we can reach a price that we are both comfortable with.

Regards

NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
    Hi All,

First of all, thanks to you all for your support and inspiration over the years. Without you I wouldn't have gotten round to writing my various plug-ins.

However, as a business we are now concentrating more on other platforms and less on HomeSeer. Wit this and with the increased pressures of work I can no longer commit time to supporting/developing my plug-ins.

With that in mind I will shortly be publishing some of these plug-ins as Open Source. However, I believe the izKNX, izTexecom and izHeatmiser NEO plugins all need a committed owner/developer who can continue to develop and improve what is already there. Essentially I am looking to sell the source code for those three plug-ins. I am only looking for one owner per plug-in and once you have the source code you are free to do what you want with it including selling them in the HomeSeer store. At the same time I will stop my sale of the plug-in.

If you are up for the challenge, please PM me and we can start a disalogue to see if we can reach a price that we are both comfortable with.

Regards

NicolaiL
    Hi Nicolai,

Amy progress on this?

Without support for the future it will be risky to add new technology (KNX) to HomeSeer.

---
    John

Comment

I'm really not familiar with KNX at all. I went to the KNX association and looked at their device database and it looks mostly European companies and commercial applications? Can you give examples of typical/practical uses or "common" devices?

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Hi Nicolai,

Amy progress on this?

Without support for the future it will be risky to add new technology (KNX) to HomeSeer.

---
        John
        Hi John

No, I haven't had any interest from any developers for any of my plug-ins.
        Nicolai L

Comment

I am looking into the technology to choose for my new house in terms of underlying automation infrastructure...
          To be honest i have been a homeseer user for several years now, and in my current place I've tried almost everything.
          While I like Homeseer (well apart from a middle-age looking GUI, but I heard something is happening) I can't say I am satisfied with the plethora of radio (often half-supported) technologies.
          I've tried Z-wave, Wifi/MQTT, zigbee... still not as reliable as I would like and too hard to maintain. Not to mention the cost, and not to mention how difficult it is to integrate these technologies with existing expensive design wall switches (Bticino/Legrand) that my wife didn't want to replace
          I am now seriously looking at KNX and have a reliable "old" cabled bus.

the question I have for you guys is whether it's a safe choice to invest in KNX for my new house considering also the support it has with Homeseer and the topic of this thread (a developer needed).
          What's your honest thought as people who have had experience already with both KNX and HS?

thanks in advance!

Comment

If you want good KNX support I'd recommend going with OpenHAB. I have HomeSeer HS3PRO and the iKNX plug-in - it is very limited in functionality compared to the OpenHAB KNX binding. On top of that, the iKNX plug-in currently has a bug where it erases any custom config (see my other post), and given that the developer is trying to sell the code I'm not holding out much hope for a fix any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post

the question I have for you guys is whether it's a safe choice to invest in KNX for my new house considering also the support it has with Homeseer and the topic of this thread (a developer needed).
              What's your honest thought as people who have had experience already with both KNX and HS?

thanks in advance!
              I have experience with hs, zwave, a10, zigbee /hue, rfxcom . Last year i added knx to my house. In the beginning i had to struggle with the concept of knx, but now i’m really a big fan of it. if i ever build a new house i definately go for knx. Very stable and impressed about the functionality available and supplied by vendors . It’s professional stuff and therefore has it’s price. And i think if you build a new house and start with knx, you do not need hs3.

But in the meantime in my house i cannot make a knx-only environment so i’m happy with the availablity of this plugin. :-) And not so happy with the progress of finding a new developer who will give a boost to the plugin. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                If you want good KNX support I'd recommend going with OpenHAB. I have HomeSeer HS3PRO and the iKNX plug-in - it is very limited in functionality compared to the OpenHAB KNX binding. On top of that, the iKNX plug-in currently has a bug where it erases any custom config (see my other post), and given that the developer is trying to sell the code I'm not holding out much hope for a fix any time soon
                that would be a big change for me as I've invested quite heavily on HS3 (licenses and lots of plug-ins) but I understand I can't have my house revolving around a SW, it should be the other way around. It's a shame though, I can see the focus of HS is most entirely on North America...

Comment

Hi. I could look at this if there's enough interest. NicolaiL are you still here?

Comment

There's interest here.....

Comment

I did look at knx a little 5 days ago. From what I understand, it is a little , go big with it or don’t start it.

maybe i am wrong , but this would need transfer of knowledge here and nice documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
                        Hi, I'm in Melbourne too. And just started looking at KNX because it has most beautiful control panels.

Do you think you could provide some support in my development, i.e. API documentation, devices for testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
                          BTW FIY - when I click HomeSeer logo on you site I get 404 (https://www.blackcatcontrolsystems.c...Home-Seer-Hubs)

Comment

Why just not walk the Node-RED route.

---
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                              Why just not walk the Node-RED route.
                              In HS? Do we have Node-RED support?

Comment

Working...
                              X