Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: This software plug-in is no longer supported.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: This software plug-in is no longer supported.

IMPORTANT: This software plug-in is no longer supported. It will remain available for download in the HS3 updater but will not receive any future updates.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

As KNX installer, we dun mind paying for it, hope u can consider keeping it going! thanks

Comment

So if you stopped the support it. This will be available alternative right now? Or in the future? That's will be nice in overall. I am assumed this company can provide some alternative https://clockwise.software/

Comment

i'm really disappointing. I have a homeseer (zwave/hue/rfxcom ) environment with a growing of KNX devices. So i'm happy with this plugin and would like to see some improvements such as humidity. :-(
        Will the source code be available somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by wesker321 View Post
          So if you stopped the support it. This will be available alternative right now? Or in the future? That's will be nice in overall. I am assumed this company can provide some alternative https://clockwise.software/
          Don't see how they can help (without the sourcecode)

Comment

A plugin author should contact the plugin author and ask for the source code if this is to stay alive.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

I allready send him a message. Hopefully he will react. Is there a possibility for the Homeseer company to maintain a KNX interface? In the meantime the number of KNX device is very fast growing for over the last years in Europe but i think it will also grow in other regions/cpuntries like the US. ( https://www2.knx.org/en-us/KNX-USA/index.php )

Comment

I can just add that KNX is big in Europe and seems to be growing in more or less all markets. The progress is a bit slow though due to the fact that KNX is usually installed in new projects. It’s not that common to retrofit but this of course happens as well.

The functionality is a must in Homeseer either as a plugin or native. Home assistent, Homey and I think Vera talks KNX so the interest is definately there.

There are seversl possibilities for Homeseer to support this. It can be done in a similar way as this plugin that communicates through an IP interface. There is also a possibility to add the Weinzierl kberry 838 to a Raspberry Pi and make a Z-net type of device for KNX. Another approach is to use JSON over an IP interface that supports it (Weinzierl BAOS devices).

Regarding this plugin it’s possible to use Humidity already today (I am doing this). Just send the humidity as a temp dpt and in Homeseer you create a virtual device that is the ”Humidity” device that updates based on the ”fake temp group address” and is setup to present its value as humidity. In this way you can support almost any device, just make sure that your new values doesn’t cause overflow in the dpt that you use. Remember that logic functions in the knx devices often can do dpt conversions as well making it possible to support almost anything. It’s a bit time consuming of course but solves the shortcomings in this plugin.

Comment

Thnx i will try that ;-) and thnx fo r your additional info

Comment

Working...
                  X