Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: This software plug-in is no longer supported.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT: This software plug-in is no longer supported.

IMPORTANT: This software plug-in is no longer supported. It will remain available for download in the HS3 updater but will not receive any future updates.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

As KNX installer, we dun mind paying for it, hope u can consider keeping it going! thanks

Comment

So if you stopped the support it. This will be available alternative right now? Or in the future? That's will be nice in overall. I am assumed this company can provide some alternative https://clockwise.software/

Comment

i'm really disappointing. I have a homeseer (zwave/hue/rfxcom ) environment with a growing of KNX devices. So i'm happy with this plugin and would like to see some improvements such as humidity. :-(
        Will the source code be available somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by wesker321 View Post
          So if you stopped the support it. This will be available alternative right now? Or in the future? That's will be nice in overall. I am assumed this company can provide some alternative https://clockwise.software/
          Don't see how they can help (without the sourcecode)

Comment

A plugin author should contact the plugin author and ask for the source code if this is to stay alive.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

I allready send him a message. Hopefully he will react. Is there a possibility for the Homeseer company to maintain a KNX interface? In the meantime the number of KNX device is very fast growing for over the last years in Europe but i think it will also grow in other regions/cpuntries like the US. ( https://www2.knx.org/en-us/KNX-USA/index.php )

Comment

I can just add that KNX is big in Europe and seems to be growing in more or less all markets. The progress is a bit slow though due to the fact that KNX is usually installed in new projects. It’s not that common to retrofit but this of course happens as well.

The functionality is a must in Homeseer either as a plugin or native. Home assistent, Homey and I think Vera talks KNX so the interest is definately there.

There are seversl possibilities for Homeseer to support this. It can be done in a similar way as this plugin that communicates through an IP interface. There is also a possibility to add the Weinzierl kberry 838 to a Raspberry Pi and make a Z-net type of device for KNX. Another approach is to use JSON over an IP interface that supports it (Weinzierl BAOS devices).

Regarding this plugin it’s possible to use Humidity already today (I am doing this). Just send the humidity as a temp dpt and in Homeseer you create a virtual device that is the ”Humidity” device that updates based on the ”fake temp group address” and is setup to present its value as humidity. In this way you can support almost any device, just make sure that your new values doesn’t cause overflow in the dpt that you use. Remember that logic functions in the knx devices often can do dpt conversions as well making it possible to support almost anything. It’s a bit time consuming of course but solves the shortcomings in this plugin.

Comment

Thnx i will try that ;-) and thnx fo r your additional info

Comment

Automation I did the trick with just use the temp address to past it to homeseer. That is working correctly. But i tried to change the C(elsius) to %. What is the trick to do that. I also tried it with an virtual device but i can't get it write. Can you give me some hints?

Comment

renevk Changing the status graphics does not work as a long term solution (it does work actually but is reset by the plugin every time it re-starts). That is why I mentioned that you need to pass your humidity value (the one that you send as a temp value) to a virtual device.

I do this by creating a KNX event that triggers on any changes in your temp device and activating an immediate script that sets the virtual device to the same value, see attached screen dump. You have to change my example with your ref.values. Now you have a virtual device that is updated the same time as the fake temp device but here you can do whatever changes you need, show percentage as one example. In the GUI you just show the virtual device as your KNX device. The fake device can be set as fake in the floor column as an example which you chose to not list.

Ref 1373 is the virtual device and ref 1278 is the fake temp device.

You may have to do some actions to prevent the device from writing to the log each time it triggers and this can be done in many ways. Just me let me know if you need any help with that as well.

Comment

Thnx for your explanation. My question was more related to virtual devices. If i create a virtual device, how can you change it that it shows the humitidy as an % ? Maybe it is easy for you but i couldnot find out how it works.

Comment

renevk
                          Ok, that is done from the status graphics tab of the virtual device. Here you can create the looks of the humidity device. Create a range value from 0-100 and add % as prefix (you may like to use a space before the % sign). The icon can also be updated. I use the water icon for all values but I think that there is an icon set somewhere on this forum with different color coded water icons if you like to have different colours depending on the actual value. I have attached a screen dump for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Status graphics.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1330614

Comment

Oh, that's so easy #ALittleBitShamed thnx :-) For the icons i will use the RFXCOM ones which has a different symbol depending on the range e.g. between 0 and 10% , between 20 and 30% etc.

Comment

Hi. I could look at this if there's enough interest. NicolaiL are you still here?

Comment

Working...
                              X