This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source code available for izKNX

I realise I will probably never get the time to get back to writing code for HomeSeer. So, for anyone interested in taking the development forward I have posted the complete code at Github here: https://github.com/NicolaiL/HomeSeer_izKNX
    Nicolai L

I have grabbed it and also now going through tutorials based upon KNX virtual posted by BlackCat. Thank You.

Comment

I couple questions if you do not mind.
      1. Why tunnel vs. route?
      2. Why not import the ETS5 XML to get the network and data types vs. user entry?

Comment

The XML Import contains all the data that the modules have been programmed with, it's just faster and less prone to transcript errors.
        All main KNX Automation programs Import the xml.
        Check out
        https://www.peaknx.com/knx-visualisierung-mit-youvi

https://www.busbaer.de/en/eisbaer/scada

http://www.ilevia.com/

HIH

edit: just reread your question, ignore my response as it doesn't help, in fact I'd be asking the same, why not Import?
        The software is a modern and affordable software for visualisation and automation of intelligent buildings and facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I couple questions if you do not mind.
          1. Why tunnel vs. route?
          2. Why not import the ETS5 XML to get the network and data types vs. user entry?
          1) I believe at the time this was my quickest way to get the plug-in spun up and certainly good enough for many environments. No reason why that couldn't be changed to routing by someone else taking this forward
          2) Yes, good idea to import the XML. At the time I didn't have time to implement this. The other issue is that the plug-in currently only supports a subset of the DPTs that are available in the KNX world. Again, perhaps something for a future developer to look at ...
          Nicolai L

Comment

I have been working with the plugin to implement the routing and import of the XML Group Addresses. I also added a handful of other DPTs, primarily so I can follow the logic and dependencies of the plugin design.

For my XML import I have two data sources. One from my Tasmota devices and one from ETS5/Virtual KNX. I also read a KNX.org response on the XML structure. For my test cases I was able to create HS devices for the Tasmota light, temperature and humidity based upon the XML file content. I am now at the next step and looking for a more complex or a more typical ETS configuration and would like some guidance.

1. When looking at the Dimmer device created originally by the pluign there were multiple DPTs configured on the Device Management page. I assume if this done from an XML input then The Group Address fields could be populated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	277
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1368828

2. What I do not understand is how the XML file would tell me that these 5 items all belong to the same Dimmer. In the simple XML case below I can get Name, Group Address and DPT, but I do not see what I can use as a common field to know what Group Addresses are related to what will become a single HS device. For some DPTs the actions should be able to be assessed by the DPT itself such as the ON/OFF HS control would be a Write action. I don't see a general case way of doing it based upon only the XML content.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	242
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1368829

3. https://support.knx.org/hc/en-us/art...Address-Export shows an example of two DPTs on the same Group Address. What would be the real world scenario where this would be done? What implications does it have for the creation of HS devices.

Code:

GroupAddress Name="My Group Address 1" Address="0/0/1" Central="true" Unfiltered="true" Description="My Description" DPTs="DPST-1-1,DPST-1-6"
            4. Could somebody post a more typical ETS5 XML export that would provide a better test case for its integration into the HS plugin?

Comment

Are you not able to use a ETS XLM Export file created in ETS?

Comment

Yes I can and have used the ETS export. That is what I posted above. What I do not have is a realistic KNX environment.

Comment

Neither do I.
                  Tied to call in some favours but all have been reluctant to part with clients xml.
                  Understandably there are Privacy Issues at play.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
                    Neither do I.
                    Tied to call in some favours but all have been reluctant to part with clients xml.
                    Understandably there are Privacy Issues at play.
                    Hi Mike, since I'm in Melbourne too - do you want to meet, may be in your office - to look at KNX implementation?

Comment

^^^
                      Not at this point in time. All KNX access is frozen, possibly for the next 12-20 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        Yes I can and have used the ETS export. That is what I posted above. What I do not have is a realistic KNX environment.
                        Happy to hear that you are looking at the KNX plugin.
                        I can provide a realistic KNX environment.
                        I running ETS 5.7.3

Send a private messages, your inbox is full.

Comment

my email is mcsSolutions at centurytel dot net. I have it converted to native HS4 API as well as the original HS3 that I used to get my feet wet with some additional functionality. Having a realistic configuration for evaluation is what I am missing now so great that you may be able to help.

Comment

great to see new development on the KNX plugin and thnx NicolaiL for sharing you code. Currently i use the KNX plugin in my home with a small KNX setup . If needed i can share my knx config (privately ) My setup consist of a 4 channel dimmer, a IP router, a 8 channel slutter device, temperature/lux/humidity sensor, a sun-position/wind/lux device, HUE and sonos interface and some multifuntional switches. Just let me know

Comment

Thank you for you offer. I will proceed one setup at a time and on two fronts. Another user has provided his setup so good for the moment on this front. I have also done the conversion to HS4. Most of it was done in one day, but the KNX plugin also ability to config from Devices/Device Management which I had not done before so that part is a little slower. I will let you know when I am ready for another configuration.

Comment

Working...
                              X