Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility to add Function before a value is inserted into a device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibility to add Function before a value is inserted into a device?

Hi Shodan ,

I would like to know if it would be possible to add a function to do simple math before the value is entered into a device?

In the picture below I would like to set the value in km with 3 decimals.

thanks , Matt

Attached Files

Hello MattL0,

It should be possible, but it don't really want to go into this :
    • first because it is a little bit complicated to implement ...
    • secondly because you already have several very well implemented ways to do it in HS3 or in Jeedom :
      • In HS3 :
        • You can create a virtual device and an event that stores in this device the calculated value each time the Jeedom Device value is changed
      • In Jeedom :
        • You can do the same, create a virtual Jeedom device that is updated with the calculated value each time the original value is modified. This virtual device will have to be linked to Jeedom, instead of the one cdontaining the original value.
        • You can use the 'command configuration page' of the Jeedom information using the 'gear' icon in the command tab for the equipment . It allows to specify a formula to be executed each time the information is received. This last option is for me the best one.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TmpCapture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	1315168

Click image for larger version  Name:	TmpCapture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	107.2 KB ID:	1315169

Comment

Thanks Shodan! I’ll go with the last option.

Comment

That was not that hard! :P
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X