Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeedom with Xiaomi vacuum

Hi Shodan ,

In my search to get my Roborock S6 controlled by homeseer, I came across this plugin and the possibility to us Jeedom.
    Sadly the Jeedom website is extremely non user friendly for people speaking english.
    Even though the site has options to change the language on the website and documentation page, everything is still in French. Despite setting the language to English.
    Not very professional in my opinion. I guess their focus is only to people in France.

But back to my point, will I be able to control my Roborock S6 with Jeedom and this plugin, from HS3?
    Don't want to spend a lot of time trying to sort Jeedom out if it's not possible anyway.

Use the Windows 10 Translator to soften things out. And for more help post your queries here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/lighting-primary-technology-plug-ins/lighting-primary-technology-discussion/jeedom-shodan/92019-jeedom-plugin-description-and-release-notes
    The plugin creates devices for you to control via HomeSeer. All you need to know is how to setup the systems to work together.

Example :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	1347430

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hello Groot,

I had a look at the Jeedom forum, and it seems that it is possible to control your S6 with the Xiaomi Home plugin (7€) in the Jeedom market.
      I use this plugin to control/monitor devices connected to a Xiaomi Gateway (door sensor, motion sensor, temp/humifity sensors) but also my Xiaomi Air Purifier (which is a Wifi Appliance, like your Robot Vacuum).
      The tricky part with Xiaomi wifi appliances is to get the 'token' needed to register the device in the plugin. Although I do not own a Xiaomi Vacuum, I am ready to help you if you need support and translation from French to English.

I agree with you that English translation on Jeedom website does not work very well. It's a pitty because Jeedom is a very powerfull and reliable system (on the top of it, Jeedom is free and a lot of plugins are also free or very cheap).

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
        Hello Groot,

I had a look at the Jeedom forum, and it seems that it is possible to control your S6 with the Xiaomi Home plugin (7€) in the Jeedom market.
        I use this plugin to control/monitor devices connected to a Xiaomi Gateway (door sensor, motion sensor, temp/humifity sensors) but also my Xiaomi Air Purifier (which is a Wifi Appliance, like your Robot Vacuum).
        The tricky part with Xiaomi wifi appliances is to get the 'token' needed to register the device in the plugin. Although I do not own a Xiaomi Vacuum, I am ready to help you if you need support and translation from French to English.

I agree with you that English translation on Jeedom website does not work very well. It's a pitty because Jeedom is a very powerfull and reliable system (on the top of it, Jeedom is free and a lot of plugins are also free or very cheap).
        Thanks for your reply.
        That sounds promising.
        I have a server with ESXi, so I have decided to install a VM with debian and give Jeedom a try. Have found some guides how to get the token, so hopefully that will work.
        Will come back to you when(not if) I need help ;D

Comment

Hello Groot,

Hi Shodan and happy new year.

I now have a functioning Jeedom installation going, and have bought and installed the Xiaomi Home plugin.
          Have also retrieved the token for the S6 vacuum, but I think the plugin is not working correctly, as I'm not able to add it to Jeedom.

After choosing the Vaccum from the dropdown list, entered the IP and token, I press save.
          Then I'm sent back to the startpage of the plugin and no new device is created.
          If I try to press "get info" the plugin start Searching, but never finds anything. It is just searching until I cancel.
          Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Hi Groot,

Happy new year to you too.

First please make sure that the plugin is running :
            From the plugin page, click on « Configuration » and make sure the « Etat » frame shows as « Actif » for « Status ».
            You can also check the « Demon » frame, « Statut » and « configuration » should show « OK ». If it is not the case, click on « (Re)Demarrer ».
            Finally, check the « Dependances » frame, « Statut » should show « OK ».

If all this is Ok, you can also check if some logs are available for xiaomihome in « Analyse -> Logs » from Jeedom main screen. Post the logs here if you have some.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Groot,

Happy new year to you too.

First please make sure that the plugin is running :
              From the plugin page, click on « Configuration » and make sure the « Etat » frame shows as « Actif » for « Status ».
              You can also check the « Demon » frame, « Statut » and « configuration » should show « OK ». If it is not the case, click on « (Re)Demarrer ».
              Finally, check the « Dependances » frame, « Statut » should show « OK ».

If all this is Ok, you can also check if some logs are available for xiaomihome in « Analyse -> Logs » from Jeedom main screen. Post the logs here if you have some.

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know how, but I was able to add it. Did what I have done many times, but suddenly it worked. I turned off Chrome page translate, so that could be the trick.

I now have a lot of commands available in Jeedom.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_84908.png
Views:	398
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	1351791

When I try to test the commands with the Test(tester) button the plugin replies: Success(Action exécutée avec succès). But nothing happens with the unit.
              I'm a bit out of my comfortzone, both in language and new system =)

Any suggestions?
              Can I just install the HS3 plugin now, and take it from there?

Comment

Hello Groot,

Before installing the HS3 plugin, you should first make sure you can control your vacuum from Jeedom.

Please first confirm that you follow my recommandations of the previous post and that everything is ok (you may want to add the screenshot of the plugin config page).

Then make sure you chose vacuum v2 in the dropdown list in the config page (the page where you put you token)

You have 2 kinds of command in Jeedom (see type column). « Info » is like a status in HS3 (pressing « test » button should display last value received by Jeedom from your vacuum) and « action » is like a « control » in HS3 (pressing the « test » button should launch a command on your vacuum).

In your case, command 23 to 29 should return a value, and command 30 to 38 should start an action.

Try to check the « Online » state (23) and the « Statut » (24) value. Do you get something ?
                Also you can try command (36) and (37) to start and stop your vacuum. Are those command working ?

If command do not work or do not return the expected value, check what you have on the « erreur » info (29).
                Also check to log as explained in my last post.

You can also have a user interface to control you vacuum more easily :
                First make sure that the « pin up » checkbox is checked for all info/actions (otherwise they won’t be visible on the user interface)
                Then, make sure your device is linked to a parent « object » (for example to a « living room » object that you need to create in Jeedom).
                Finally, you should be able to access the graphic user interface by Jeedom main menu « Dashboard ».

Once you can control your vacuum with Jeedom, then we will move to the HS3 part.

Comment

Hello Groot,

Before installing the HS3 plugin, you should first make sure you can control your vacuum from Jeedom.

Please first confirm that you follow my recommandations of the previous post and that everything is ok (you may want to add the screenshot of the plugin config page).

Then make sure you chose vacuum v2 in the dropdown list in the config page (the page where you put you token)

You have 2 kinds of command in Jeedom (see type column). « Info » is like a status in HS3 (pressing « test » button should display last value received by Jeedom from your vacuum) and « action » is like a « control » in HS3 (pressing the « test » button should launch a command on your vacuum).

In your case, command 23 to 29 should return a value, and command 30 to 38 should start an action.

Try to check the « Online » state (23) and the « Statut » (24) value. Do you get something ?
                  Also you can try command (36) and (37) to start and stop your vacuum. Are those command working ?

If command do not work or do not return the expected value, check what you have on the « erreur » info (29).
                  Also check to log as explained in my last post.

You can also have a user interface to control you vacuum more easily :
                  First make sure that the « pin up » checkbox is checked for all info/actions (otherwise they won’t be visible on the user interface)
                  Then, make sure your device is linked to a parent « object » (for example to a « living room » object that you need to create in Jeedom).
                  Finally, you should be able to access the graphic user interface by Jeedom main menu « Dashboard ».

Once you can control your vacuum with Jeedom, then we will move to the HS3 part.
                  I checked the settings as you mentioned, and everything was running and ok.
                  I have also chosen Vacuum v2 in the dropdown list.

The problem I'm facing now, is that I can't test anymore because the device have disepered from Xiaomi Home plugin.
                  If I try to add a new device with the same name, i get a message saying that the device already exists(Un équipement portant ce nom (Sniff) existe déjà pour cet objet).

Edit:
                  After a lot of trying, I got it up and running again.
                  But I can't seem to be able to operate it.

I press Tester on status and action commands, and I get a reply that it is sucsessful, but I can't see to find any information on the status, and nothing is happening with the vaccum when testing on the action commands.

I have sent you a PM with a youtube link, where you can see what I'm doing.

Comment

I'm starting to give up.

I just opened the device in the plugin and selected a few more commands with Pin Up.
                    When pressing save, I was sent back to the plugin main page and the device was gone from the plugin and Jeedom.

Name:	Skjermbilde.PNG
Views:	349
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	1352038

Name:	Skjermbilde2.PNG
Views:	384
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1352039

Jeedom may be powerful and a good system, but it just seams to unstable for being able to use this solution in our home. The WAF would drop drastically every time it don't work.

Comment

Btw.
                      I have had these errors the last few days:

[Sat Jan 04 14:28:25.730590 2020] [core:notice] [pid 28171] AH00052: child pid 27089 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
                      [Sat Jan 04 14:28:25.993476 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 28171] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
                      [Sat Jan 04 14:28:47.660879 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 725] AH00163: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) configured -- resuming normal operations
                      [Sat Jan 04 14:28:47.676225 2020] [core:notice] [pid 725] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'
                      [Sat Jan 04 17:15:08.638832 2020] [php7:error] [pid 13192] [client 127.0.0.1:50290] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function execCmd() on bool in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php:183 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php on line 183
                      [Sat Jan 04 17:15:08.646703 2020] [php7:error] [pid 986] [client 127.0.0.1:50292] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function execCmd() on bool in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php:183 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php on line 183
                      [Sat Jan 04 17:15:08.654331 2020] [php7:error] [pid 980] [client 127.0.0.1:50294] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function execCmd() on bool in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php:183 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php on line 183
                      [Sat Jan 04 17:18:44.328199 2020] [php7:error] [pid 982] [client 127.0.0.1:50298] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function execCmd() on bool in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php:183 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php on line 183
                      [Sat Jan 04 17:18:44.341396 2020] [php7:error] [pid 1154] [client 127.0.0.1:50300] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function execCmd() on bool in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php:183 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php on line 183
                      [Sat Jan 04 17:18:44.353934 2020] [php7:error] [pid 1635] [client 127.0.0.1:50302] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function execCmd() on bool in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php:183 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/plugins/xiaomihome/core/php/jeeXiaomiHome.php on line 183
                      [Sun Jan 05 10:52:00.866696 2020] [core:notice] [pid 725] AH00052: child pid 987 exit signal Segmentation fault (11) [Sun Jan 05 10:52:01.129562 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 725] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
                      [Sun Jan 05 10:52:23.856819 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 696] AH00163: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) configured -- resuming normal operations
                      [Sun Jan 05 10:52:23.880548 2020] [core:notice] [pid 696] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2' [Sun Jan 05 11:29:18.509594 2020] [core:notice] [pid 696] AH00052: child pid 11329 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
                      [Sun Jan 05 11:29:18.509710 2020] [core:notice] [pid 696] AH00052: child pid 1103 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
                      [Sun Jan 05 11:29:18.772803 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 696] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
                      [Sun Jan 05 11:29:41.327699 2020] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 704] AH00163: Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) configured -- resuming normal operations
                      [Sun Jan 05 11:29:41.341454 2020] [core:notice] [pid 704] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

Could all the trouble have something to do with the debian I'm running in VM?

Comment

Hello,

I understand your frustration. You are definitly not lucky with your installation.
                        Those errors are not normal, for sure they won’t help ...
                        How did you configure your VM, is it Debian 9 ?
                        How did you install Jeedom ?
                        Did you get those error before or after installing xiaomi plugin ?

Comment

Working...
                        X