Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs4 port

Shodan Hi.

I would like to know, will you port this plugin to hs4?

Hello MattL0,

As of today I do not plan to upgrade my plugin to HS4.
    There are several reasons for that :
    - First I do not plan to move to HS4 personnally. I do not see any real benefit for that since it is mainly a UI redesign, with no real new must have feature. I do not like the mobile app, and I do not like the new UI. I have custom UI made with HSTouch and I am fine with it.
    - I will have to maintain 2 versions of the plugin, since I already know that some of my users will not move to HS4.
    - The new HS4 plugin sdk seems even more complicated to use as the old one and is poorly documented, so I have no time to « guess » how to use it (I just started a new position in my company and I am very busy with it).
    - I am not sure that using the new SDK/UI will not bring regression to the current plugin
    - HS4 seems still to ne very buggy and far to be ready for an operationnal use.

Now that being said, I did buy a HS4 license. If my plugin users move to HS4 and ask me to update the plugin to HS4 because they still want to use it, I’ll consider the upgrade, but only when HS4 will not be a beta anymore and if a decent documentation is provided for plugin developpement.

The good new for my users is that the upgrade will be free. Of course, it will take me a lot of time and effort to upgrade the plugin, but from my point of view it is not acceptable to ask users to pay twice, once for HS4 and once for the plugin, especially when the plugin does not bring anything new, except being adapted to the new UI/SDK.

So do not hesitate to use this thread to let me know what you plan to do as users regarding HS4 and I will consider if I upgrade the plugin or not.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one!
      Hello Shodan,

I will move to HS4 when it's matured and I am in support for you to start on your scrap book about the new plugin because you may never know if they dump HS3 to force us to use HS4. But if they (HST) keep the products and let the people have a choice as they go along, I see no problem with that. They would still have revenue coming in all angles.

One small thing I suggest is what if you also had a HomeSeer-Link plugin similar to the Jeedom-Link plugin : https://jeedom.github.io/plugin-jeelink/fr_FR/ . Please don't scream at me!!
      I know you said you are very busy but think about the ........................

Only a suggestion!

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
        Hello MattL0,

As of today I do not plan to upgrade my plugin to HS4.
        There are several reasons for that :
        - First I do not plan to move to HS4 personnally. I do not see any real benefit for that since it is mainly a UI redesign, with no real new must have feature. I do not like the mobile app, and I do not like the new UI. I have custom UI made with HSTouch and I am fine with it.
        - I will have to maintain 2 version of the plugin, since I already know that some of my users will not move to HS4.
        - The new HS4 plugin sdk seems even more complicated to use as the old one and is poorly documented, so I have no time to « guess » how to use it (I just started a new position in my company and I am very busy with it).
        - I am not sure that using the new SDK/UI will not bring regression to the current plugin
        - HS4 seems still to ne very buggy and far the be ready for an operationnal use.

Now that being said, I did buy a HS4 license. If my plugin users move to HS4 and ask me to update the plugin to HS4 because they still want to use it, I’ll consider the upgrade, but only when HS4 will not be a beta anymore and if a decent documentation is provided for plugin developpement.

The good new for my users is that the upgrade will be free. Of course, it will take me a lot of time and effort to upgrade the plugin, but from my point of view it is not acceptable to ask users to pay twice, once for HS4 and once for the plugin, especially when the plugin does not bring anything new, except being adapted to the new UI/SDK.

So do not hesitate to use this thread to let me know what you plan to do as users regarding HS4 and I will consider if I upgrade the plugin or not.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
        Un peu de paresse aujourd’hui je vais répondre en français.
        Je comprend totalement . Honnêtement tant que le plugin fonctionne au fil du temps c’est ok pour moi... peu importe s’il est transformé en version hs4 ou pas ...je me fou complètement du nouveau ui.

Perso j’ai une licence pour hs4 , mais comme toi, j’attend quelle soit complètement stable avant de migrer .
        Et merci de ne pas charger d’avantage. J’apprécis cette philosophie.
        So , we’ll see at this point of time if it makes sence for you to port the plugin or not . If the hs3 plugin is still working at it should in hs4 , there’s no reason to port it to a native hs4 plugin I guess.

My main concern is reliability. So in any scenario it is ok for me if the plugin stays as reliable as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Un peu de paresse aujourd’hui je vais répondre en français.
          Je comprend totalement . Honnêtement tant que le plugin fonctionne au fil du temps c’est ok pour moi... peu importe s’il est transformé en version hs4 ou pas ...je me fou complètement du nouveau ui.

Perso j’ai une licence pour hs4 , mais comme toi, j’attend quelle soit complètement stable avant de migrer .
          Et merci de ne pas changer d’avantage. J’apprécis cette philosophie.
          So , we’ll see at this point of time if it makes for you to port the plugin or not . If the hs3 plugin is still working at it should in hs4 , there’s no reason to port it to a native hs4 plugin I guess.

My main concern is reliability. So in any scenario it is ok for me if the plugin stays as reliable as it is now.

This is if anyone missed anything

A little laziness today I'll answer in French.
          I totally understand. Honestly as long as the plugin works over time it's ok for me ... regardless of whether it is turned into hs4 version or not... I don't care about the new ui.

Personally I have a license for hs4, but like you, I wait for it to be completely stable before migrating .
          And thank you for not changing the advantage. I appreciate that philosophy.
          So, we'll see at this point of time if it makes for you to port the plugin or not. If the hs3 plugin is still working at it should in hs4, there's no reason to port it to a native hs4 plugin I guess.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

This is if anyone missed anything

A little laziness today I'll answer in French.
            I totally understand. Honestly as long as the plugin works over time it's ok for me ... regardless of whether it is turned into hs4 version or not... I don't care about the new ui.

Personally I have a license for hs4, but like you, I wait for it to be completely stable before migrating .
            And thank you for not changing the advantage. I appreciate that philosophy.
            So, we'll see at this point of time if it makes for you to port the plugin or not. If the hs3 plugin is still working at it should in hs4, there's no reason to port it to a native hs4 plugin I guess.

Eman.
            Thanks Eman . haha..

nb : You made me aware of missings words and a spelling mistake I have corected them

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Thanks Eman . haha..

nb : You made me aware of missings words and a spelling mistake I have corected them
              Non, Monsieur,

It's just Window 10 Translator but not my work

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Non, Monsieur,

It's just Window 10 Translator but not my work

Eman.
                Then windows 10 Translator is better than i thought lol.

Merci Monsieur Eman.

So back on topic :P

Comment

Hi Eman,

I’m so disappointed ! For a few hours I thought you learned french !

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
                    Hi Eman,

I’m so disappointed ! For a few hours I thought you learned french !
                    Hahaha

It was hard when I was young. Now I use tools as a shortcut

Eman.

Comment

Of course, it will take me a lot of time and effort to upgrade the plugin,
                      I have recently converted the izKNZ plugin from HS3 to HS4 API. It was about an eight hour effort. Before this I had converted a few other plugins and that was many more hours as I was early in the process and struggled as others who where adventurous. Better documentation is coming, but in my relatively isolated opinion the additional documentation is not that much additional help. Use of the original SamplePlugin, NetCam plugin and some help on the Developers forum is where I gained the most benefit.

I do agree that for anybody that uses a laptop or desktop HS4 will be a disappointment. I don't do anything serious with mobile devices so not a good source for how effective HS4 is in this environment.

Comment

Working...
                      X