Not copying device value into string.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not copying device value into string.

Hi Shodan, I would like to know if it is possible to NOT copy the device value into the device string when it is a number? So the status corresponding to the device value does appear in the device page?

Thank you.

Hello MattL0,

I think I see what you have in mind ...
    You would like to be able to use the Status/Graphics page to configure your own associated text to the numeric values, right ?
    It is a good idea, however I think it should not be the general rule, but be something that can be configured case by case, in the plugin tab associated to the device : for temperature, humidity, ... values I think the current logic should not change. However, for numeric values than can represent enumerative value, your proposal makes sense.

I will consider adding an option « do not generate string value » when the device is a numeric value, in the next update of the plugin.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Shodan , this absolutely make sense .

Thank you.

Comment

Hey Shodan ,

I did try to change the device status on my devices and it appears that your plugin take the device status as the string , and not the value!!

So no modification of the plugin is needed.. It seems like you already thougt about this situation in the past.

Thanks !

Attached Files

Comment

How that’s cool I did not even remember I coded it this way ... So it gives me time to focus on your other request !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X