Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with multi-light 'animation'

Pictures of the build: https://goo.gl/photos/nsP42FNWwRRX7qre6

I'm not sure where to start so I will try to be as clear as possible (and try not to lose you in my rambling)...

I am relatively new to HS3 and am still wrapping my head around the awesome power that I am gaining over my home. I am learning a lot and consider myself very technical and a quick learn.

With that said, I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew on my own...

I am in the process of building our master shower and I want the light system to be amazing. After tons of research and trial and error, I have landed on the Phillips Hue lights and this plugin.
    I have installed:

4x color lights in the ceiling
    1x Lightstrip Plus along the bench edge
    1x Lightstrip Extension in the niche
    1x Hue Tap mounted just outside the shower.
    (all in waterproofed channels, of course... since I couldn't find an IP rating for them).

What I would like to do is create an animation (or two) for the lights that I can assign to one or more of the Hue Tap buttons. Some kind of underwater theme. I have played around with various Android apps with varying success, but they don't seem to be able to reliably work with Tap assignments... And the wife will require something that 'just works'.

My hold-up right now is that I am still too green to know exactly what I am doing with events, and scenes etc. to configure the plugin for these animations.... I'm not even 100% sure the plugin can accomplish what I am trying to do.

Could someone please direct me to, or provide a simple instruction on creating a basic animation? I'm sure I could take it from there and expand it for my needs... I just need a push-start

Thanks! You guys rock,
    Grey

GreyRadean,

Looks like a nice setup in the bathroom

What I think you could do with the JowiHue plugin is the following sample:
    1. Add the tap to the bridge and let the plugin discover it.
    2. Then go to the Hue Taps page of the plugin en press the button "create Tap device
    3. Create a few scenes for the lights you want to use with the creativity page of the plugin. You can use several lights with different setting in one scene!
    4. With these scenes, create a few animations on the creativity page. An animation is a tool to combine several scenes (at least 2) in a sequence that can loop or run during a set time.
    5. create events that trigger on the button presses on the tap device created in the second step
    6. Add a JowiHue action to the newly created event that start an animation

In the documentation you can find a lot more information to play with. You can find it by going to the help page in the HS3 webinterface

Does this give some pointer to what you want to do?

Thanks,

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; January 26, 2017, 10:05 AM.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim! that definitely gives me a structure to start with. I'll play with it some this afternoon and report back

Grey

Comment

Victory is mine! Thank you so much for that. I still have to map the animation to the Tap, but I was able to successfully create a 5-color rotating animation using colors from an ocean themed palette that I found.

One thing that I struggled with immensely was translating the colors to proper hue-recognized colors... I could not get the color-picker to show up unless I put in a random cie value, but even then when I would enter the correct hex code, it would reset to the random cie value that I had put.

I ended up using ColorHexa.com to get the proper hue degree to put in the Hue/Saturation tab in the plugin and converting the saturation/lightness % to the 0-254 that the plugin was expecting.

So far, so good. I will be playing around and fine-tuning the animation. I'm just glad I was able to get it working! Thanks again

Grey

Comment

Originally posted by GreyRadean View Post
          One thing that I struggled with immensely was translating the colors to proper hue-recognized colors... I could not get the color-picker to show up unless I put in a random cie value, but even then when I would enter the correct hex code, it would reset to the random cie value that I had put.
          Grey
          I will try to look into that later. It keeps getting to a small fight as the jquery object for the color picker is not responding as I would expect to.

Goor to hear though you are on the right track now

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
          X