Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Hue Scenes and Cooper Keypad

Greetings, everyone!
    I am trying to do something that should be simple. but...

I use a Cooper Aspire RF 5-button keypad for a bunch of light scenes in my master bedroom and master bath. I also have a Philips Hue in master bath, with one light strip and three bulbs linked together into one "room" in the Hue app. I used this plugin to capture one of the scenes in my master bathroom, after I triggered that scene from Philips Hue app.

I want to be able to turn this scene on and off using a physical light switch, as well as trigger it using events. So, I thought, I can use one of my unused keypad buttons on Coope keypad. I created an event, so that when the button on the keypad is turned on, JowiHue scene "Master Bath" is activated. I haven't even tested it yet.

I made a copy of that event and was going to change it so that turning the button off turns the scene lights off via JowiHue plugin. Can't do that. Under actions, when creating an event, there is a way to load a JowiHue scene, but not to "unload" or turn off.

I don't want to use HS to literally turn those lights / lamps off, which I can for wall lamps (not for the LED Hue strip. The wall lamps that now have Hue lights in them, are always On in HomeSeer, otherwise they will not be reachable for the Hue bridge.

So now, when I turn the scene via Hue app, I can turn it on and, obviously, turn it off. Using JowiHue plugin, I can't figure out how to turn the scene OFF...

VitualPanther,

You can turn the lights off by switching the main HUE device off, there is no off scene, you will have to that through the device actions.

Or - if you want to set a new level using the off switch of the Cooper switch, you could trigger a differnt event (say bathing time in a different color etc.)

Does this answer your question enough?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      VitualPanther,

You can turn the lights off by switching the main HUE device off, there is no off scene, you will have to that through the device actions.

Or - if you want to set a new level using the off switch of the Cooper switch, you could trigger a different event (say bathing time in a different color etc.)

Does this answer your question enough?

Wim
      Yes, Win, it does. Thank you. Since I have five individual Hue lights in master bathroom, I would simply turn those five off, using devices created by your plugin, in order to turn the scene off. Am I correct?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
        Yes, Win, it does. Thank you. Since I have five individual Hue lights in master bathroom, I would simply turn those five off, using devices created by your plugin, in order to turn the scene off. Am I correct?
        Virtualpanther,

Indeed, correct.

You also could consider creating a group for these 5 devices through the configuration page.
        Switching the 5 devices off through an event that handles the separate 5 devices takes ~0.6 seconds. If you would adress the group device, it will be almost instant. But that is really only when speed could be an issue.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X