JowiHue Action reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue Action reliability

So I'm finding that I have small issues with reliability. For example - I have an event that at the appropriate time Dims a light and turns it purple. When it fires, most of the time it works. But sometimes (maybe 15% of the time) it might not dim but will go purple, or it might dim but not go purple, etc. Kind of like part of the command (but not all) doesn't make it.

I don't think it's Hue reliability because I can fire all kinds of complex scenes from my Philips Hue app and they fire completely with almost 100% reliability.

Any ideas?

Paul

Paul,

It depends on your speed in changing the lights. Philips does not send updates to the plugin, so the plugin is polling for those values. Default the plugin is set up to poll every 2 seconds (refreshrate in the configuration page). If you change values within 2 seconds it might not be up to date with the results of the last commands.
    If you make sure the commands are send with respect to those 2 seconds, it should do just fine?

Thanks,
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Paul,

It depends on your speed in changing the lights. Philips does not send updates to the plugin, so the plugin is polling for those values. Default the plugin is set up to poll every 2 seconds (refreshrate in the configuration page). If you change values within 2 seconds it might not be up to date with the results of the last commands.
      If you make sure the commands are send with respect to those 2 seconds, it should do just fine?

Thanks,
      Hmmm.... I'm doing it all in a single action, though - ie. I do a single JowiHue Action that setes the light, sets the preset (in this case purple) and sets the brightness to 50. That's in a single event action.

Under the hood is JowiHue doing multiple commands? Could part of the culprit be in there?

Paul

Comment

No a JowiHue action is regarded as one action, so that should not be an issue. But an even with multiple JowiHue actions (or multiple events triggering around the same time) reaching the same bulbs for instance, that could create a miss every now and then.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

It does indeed do multiple actions, though I think I do have a 2 second pause between the actions (for other reasons). I'll go look though and make sure...

Comment

Working...
          X