Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Frank and I are in the process of analyzing on what might be happening... will keep you all posted here, but perspective is that things might be under control

    Thanks,

    Wim
    -- Wim

    Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

    Comment


    • -- Wim

      Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

      Comment


      • Wim, thank you for your help and great work!

        One bit of clarification: Anytime more than one IP is registered to the NIC, the problem comes back. As long as I have only one IP address, the issues clears up.

        Best,
        Frank

        Comment


        • I have send the new release to HST just now. Thanks all for helping me to catch those glitches!!!

          Thanks,

          Wim
          -- Wim

          Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
          650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

          Comment


          • HS3 is not always updated on the state of my Philips Hue switches. This may also be the case for other Devices, but at the moment I'm observing deCONS (using RESTclient) and HS3 as I'm pushing buttons.

            Here is an example from the RESTclient:

            1. <LI class=jsonhighlight>{
            2. "config":<LI class=jsonhighlight> {
            3. "battery": 100,<LI class=jsonhighlight> "group": "5231",
            4. "on": true,<LI class=jsonhighlight> "reachable": true
            5. },<LI class=jsonhighlight> "ep": 2,
            6. "etag": "79185efbc975d4b93166c4a0bbfb4b1a",<LI class=jsonhighlight> "manufacturername": "Philips",
            7. "mode": 1,<LI class=jsonhighlight> "modelid": "RWL021",
            8. "name": "RWL021 8",<LI class=jsonhighlight> "state":
            9. {<LI class=jsonhighlight> "buttonevent": 1003,
            10. "lastupdated": "2017-10-24T22:25:56"<LI class=jsonhighlight> },
            11. "swversion": "5.45.1.17846",<LI class=jsonhighlight> "type": "ZHASwitch",
            12. "uniqueid": "00:17:88:01:02:0f:3d:b1-02-fc00"
            13. }

            </PRE>As I push buttons the "buttonevent" correctly shows this change. But not HS3. It seems that disbling/enabling JowiHue might fix the problem after a while.

            Comment


            • Einar,

              The plugin is relying on the webhook functionality. I will check if the plugin could skip a webhook call from deCONZ, or that deCONZ might skip certain presses.
              The REST API is used as well, but this updates on once in 30 seconds.

              deCONZ is now on version 4.02.82, which level do you use at the moment?

              Wim
              -- Wim

              Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
              650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

              Comment


              • I use 2.04.82, will check if there is a newer Version. Or maybe a typo in Your post?
                Now that Remote switch is online, but one of the lights were not Connected. DeCONZ did however have it in the last seen as very recent.
                Then I turned it off from HS3 and after thinking long and hard, it reacted.
                Could Wireshark help me find the broken link?

                Comment


                • Einar,

                  You are right a typo.... it is either age or because it was a bit early for me yesterday

                  I am not sure what you mean with the Remote Switch? Is it the Philips Dimmerswiitch you mentioned before?
                  deCONZ and also Hue can report lights as unreachable now and then, it should normally come back by itself?

                  I am also whatching the delay, I see it here every now and then too, the plugin sends a command to deCONZ, and for some reason it sometimes takes a bit. On github this also noticed, so it is at the agttention of the developers as well.

                  Wim
                  -- Wim

                  Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                  650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                  Comment


                  • I have some newbee issues I think, I am trying to get Xiaomi wheater sensors (temp, pressure, humidity) to register in ConBee (latest beta, windows-10) with deCONZ and JowiHue (latest version). They seem to be registering well in deCONZ where they come up a "Humidity X" devices, it is however not possible to add them to any groups there, but that is not a problem for me unless it is a symptom of registration being incomplete.

                    After I have registered the devices in deCONZ, I connect JowiHue to the gateway and import devices. The Hue lamps I have are imported correctly, but the Xiaomi devices doesn't show up in the device list. If I look at Bridge Maintenance page in JowiHue, it says that 15 sensors have been found (which is the correct number by the way), but I am not able to find them as devices in HS3.

                    Do you have any tips and tricks for me to try?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Borg1n View Post
                      I have some newbee issues I think, I am trying to get Xiaomi wheater sensors (temp, pressure, humidity) to register in ConBee (latest beta, windows-10) with deCONZ and JowiHue (latest version). They seem to be registering well in deCONZ where they come up a "Humidity X" devices, it is however not possible to add them to any groups there, but that is not a problem for me unless it is a symptom of registration being incomplete.

                      Do you have any tips and tricks for me to try?
                      Borg1n,

                      The issue here is that the plugin knows about the temperature and lightlevel from a Philips motion sensor, it knows about motion sensors in common and remotes in common. But it is just not yet prepared for other sensors, like the weather sensors.

                      But I came prepared
                      In the new version, 1.0.1.5 that hopefully will be published today, there is a new facility to create extra information I would need to enable these devices in a future version.

                      Once you installed this new version you can create a file in the config directory while the plugin is running with the name "JowiHue.ini"

                      In this file you add the following lines:

                      [Setting]
                      DumpEnabled=True

                      The plugin will check every 15 minutes if the file exists and if the setting is mentioned. If it finds this setting it will add a Dump button on the configuration page for every bridge.

                      Once you see it, press the button. You will then find a Bridge-xxxxxxx.log file in the logs directory. Send this file to me and I will try to add support for it in a next version.

                      Thanks,

                      Wim
                      -- Wim

                      Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        Borg1n,

                        The issue here is that the plugin knows about the temperature and lightlevel from a Philips motion sensor, it knows about motion sensors in common and remotes in common. But it is just not yet prepared for other sensors, like the weather sensors.

                        But I came prepared
                        In the new version, 1.0.1.5 that hopefully will be published today, there is a new facility to create extra information I would need to enable these devices in a future version.

                        Once you installed this new version you can create a file in the config directory while the plugin is running with the name "JowiHue.ini"

                        In this file you add the following lines:

                        [Setting]
                        DumpEnabled=True

                        The plugin will check every 15 minutes if the file exists and if the setting is mentioned. If it finds this setting it will add a Dump button on the configuration page for every bridge.

                        Once you see it, press the button. You will then find a Bridge-xxxxxxx.log file in the logs directory. Send this file to me and I will try to add support for it in a next version.

                        Thanks,

                        Wim
                        Great, thanks

                        Comment


                        • I just installed the Windows version of deCONZ v2.04.35 that seems to be the latest for Windows.
                          Started deCONZ and has added my devices and it seems good there. Have not changed any systemsettings in deCONZ and turn off the firewall.

                          Also installed the JowiHue plugin, but when searching I only find my HUE bridge and that seems to work ok with one lamp I have connected.
                          But the plugin is not able to find deCONZ, should I cange some portnr, password or something to make the plugin to find it?

                          Running HS3 on Windows with latest plugin 2.0.1.5

                          Comment


                          • Daniel,

                            The plugin needs the latest beta for deCONZ, currently 2.04.93. It is best to prevent issues to start all over, by removing dconz and installing the beta.

                            you can find the latest beta here: https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz/win/

                            Once you have installed it you best add the http-port to use to the command for starting deconz (deCONZ --http-port=xxxx)

                            Thanks

                            Wim
                            -- Wim

                            Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              Daniel,

                              The plugin needs the latest beta for deCONZ, currently 2.04.93. It is best to prevent issues to start all over, by removing dconz and installing the beta.

                              you can find the latest beta here: https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz/win/

                              Once you have installed it you best add the http-port to use to the command for starting deconz (deCONZ --http-port=xxxx)

                              Thanks

                              Wim
                              Hi
                              Tested that version, but I cant find it from the plugin anyway. Read that I shall click search and then in deCONZ press Unlock, that dont seems to work eiter.
                              If i shall start deCONZ with a parameter to fix the portnr, what port is the plugin expect? Port 80 seems to be deCONZ default and it delivers the webpage on that port.
                              How do the plugin find deCONZ? IP rage scan? Broadcast? ect?

                              Comment


                              • Daniel,

                                For the plugin to find the bridge, it needs to be allowed network access as executable on the windows firewall, the ConBee needs to be on the same network as HS3 and UPNP needs to be enabled on the router. As a second resort the machine running the plugin needs access to the internet.

                                If neither does work, then you can try to feed the IP through the jowihue.ini file. You can find the description for that in the helpfile on the HS3 machine... am not home here and don't know the details out of my head here....

                                Thanks,

                                Wim
                                -- Wim

                                Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                                650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X