Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Bridgescan):Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Hi,

I've been successfully running the plugin on Win7 for quite some time but now I'm trying to migrate my HS3 system over to Linux. Whenever I start the plugin I get an error message Error: (Bridgescan):Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation which repeats every 5 minutes.

The plugin appears to initialize OK and sees the bridge:
    Code:
    Oct-18 9:02:51 AM         JowiHue    Error: (Bridgescan):Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    Plugin succesfully started   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    ==============================================================================================   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    0 Animations available for use in this plugin   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    0 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    22 Presets available for use in the JowiHue plugin   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    -------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    1 Daylight sensor found on bridge 'Philips hue'   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    4 Groups available on bridge 'Philips hue'   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    5 lights connected to bridge 'Philips hue'   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    -------------------------------------Bridge info ---------------------------------------------   
    Oct-18 9:02:29 AM         JowiHue    ==============================================================================================   
    Oct-18 9:02:20 AM         JowiHue    * Connected to bridge Philips hue at 192.168.1.2   
    Oct-18 9:02:14 AM         JowiHue    InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done   
    Oct-18 9:02:14 AM         JowiHue    Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.1.0 on Linux   
    Oct-18 9:02:12 AM         Info    Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:56944   
    Oct-18 9:02:11 AM         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
    Any ideas?

Drule,

Sorry for that, it looks like it is tripping on the UPNP scanning. Must be something Windows does not care about I guess. Is the plugin functioning despite this error - eg can you still control the lights?

If it is possible for you, could you enable the detailed trace and log to file options in the configuration page. Then restart the plugin and let it run for 20 minutes or so, or at least until you see the error?

Then- no need to stop the plugin - disable the detailed trace and log to file options. In the logs subdirectory you will find the JowiHue.log file.

please send this to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl and I will check what is happening.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

The plugin is controlling lights OK. I have just emailed you the log as requested.

Thanks!
      David

Comment

David,

Cannot find the issue on the log yet, will have to setup a linux machine here to see if I can copy the issue

this will take some time

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Issue seems to be solved here, by changing the call for a meethue check for Linux machines. Bit hoping here to still find the real reason behind this.

Wim
          Last edited by w.vuyk; October 22, 2017, 09:32 AM.
          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Issue seems to be solved here, by changing the call too meethuee for Linux machines. Bit hoping here to find the real reason behind this.

Wim
            So far, so good for me. Thanks Wim!

Comment

Hi there, I'm experience the same issue on a linux install:

Error: (Bridgescan):Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Can you let me know how you resolved it?

Thanks,
              Andrew

Comment

(Bridgescan):Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Did you install the new version 2.0.1.1? It should be resolved there.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Hi, I also try to instal it on my HS3 linux system.
                  Version 2.0.1.2 I get the same error:
                  Error: (Bridgescan):Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
                  And no bridge or devices found.
                  Anny idea what goes wrong?

(I have a virtual HA-Bridge)
                  Last edited by Paul32; November 5, 2017, 09:21 AM. Reason: Add line: And no bridge or devices found.

Comment

Paul,

Next week a new release will come available. The line you mention comes only when the standard UPNP call is blocked somehow (router not configured to allow UPNP, HS server not able to reach the bridge for any reason).
                    I think it is worth checking if your HS machine is able to receive UPNp traffic.

The Philips meethue site changed response for some reason and I have corrected it for the plugin now, I will send it to HST and they publish it somewhere next week.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Hello Wim,

Thanks for the reply.
                      After trying a few times, now the bridge is found
                      Only now this:
                      Nov-05 5:55:43 PM JowiHue Error: (BuildTabScenes):creativity:Array index is out of range.
                      Nov-05 5:55:37 PM JowiHue Error: (BuildSliderBridges):web Maintenance:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                      Nov-05 5:53:59 PM JowiHue Registration of bridge was succesfull

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                      X