Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Hi Wim,

I updated to the new 2.0.1.0 version but when I tell the plugin to go look for the bridge it's seemingly not doing anything at all, no log updates at all. It gives me the scanning for devices for a few secs on the config page then just stops.

I've tried reinitialising it, reinstalling it, swearing at it, rebooting, etc.

Any ideas if I'm missing something silly?

Ta

K.

You had the plugin installed earlier right? And I think I remember it was all working then, except that HS3 would trip randomly?

What did you do? Did you remove the devices? Or did you uninstall the plugin?
    Because otherwise, it will just control the devices like it did before, the bridge device should already be present in the devicelist?

What does the plugin show in the HS3 log when you start the plugin?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Well, to tell the full tale...

I thought it was just that HS3 had crashed again as it's been doing of late, restarted and the connection to the Hue Bridge, again pretty normal stuff.

Go in, tell JowiHue to look for the bridge, reconnect and that's it fixed.

But when I went to the plugin page to tell JowiHue to look for the bridge there was some weird thing going on so, I couldn't connect.

So, checked the plugins out to see if there was a problem, saw there was an upgrade and though, "That'll be the problem then..."

Now on startup logs I get:

10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Upgrading devices to latest version 10
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error during conversion for deviceref 22 4
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error: (UpgradeDevice):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error during conversion for deviceref 26 4
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error: (UpgradeDevice):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error during conversion for deviceref 30 4
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error during conversion for deviceref 34 4
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error during conversion for deviceref 38 4
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Error during conversion for deviceref 42 4
      10/22/2017 3:08:04 AM ~!~JowiHue~!~Plugin succesfully started
      I've not a clue what that's telling me.

On the bridge side, I tell JowiHue to scan for bridges and it *appears* to do nothing, not even anything reported in the log.

K.

Comment

What is not right that you had to search for the bridge with every restart. A earlier version was having issues with loosing the bridge, but normally a restart should just reconnect to the bridge and start functioning.

I hate to suggest this, but I think it might be the best thing to do for now....

Can you stop the plugin, then delete all JowiHue devices, including lights and bridge? Then start the plugin again, it should then create all devices. This will take some time before it starts, somewhere between start and 20 minutes it should find and create the bridge and lights again?

Wim

*edit* on the HS restart, are you aware of the fact that HS3 seems to have problems with the BitDefender scanner? If you are using bitdefender, check the HS3 beta forum for inof on this
        Last edited by w.vuyk; October 22, 2017, 01:09 PM. Reason: Adding info on restarts
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim,

Sure I can do that, pain but doable.

I take it you mean just delete them off HS3 as I already deleted the bridge in JowiHue then tried to re add that, which failed.

Tried restarting HS, the plugin and so on as well, I don't think I missed anything obvious.

K.

Comment

Yup, make sure the plugin is stopped and remove the hs3 devices.

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Okay, on it, will report back in a bit.

K.

Comment

Did that but the device is seems are still there, even though they're not...

Oct-22 7:48:21 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Plugin succesfully started
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error: (UpgradeDevice):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error during conversion for deviceref 42 4
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error: (UpgradeDevice):Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error during conversion for deviceref 38 4
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error during conversion for deviceref 34 4
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error during conversion for deviceref 30 4
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error during conversion for deviceref 26 4
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Error during conversion for deviceref 22 4
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM JowiHue Upgrading devices to latest version 10
                Oct-22 7:47:53 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
                Oct-22 7:47:52 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
                Oct-22 7:47:52 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.1.0 on Windows
                Would they be held on a file somewhere that needs deleting?

I turned off the plugin, deleted the lamps/group, restarted HS, then fired it all up.

K.

Comment

That is not possible, the devices are still present. the plugin does not keep a second administration on device references. Please go to the settings of HS3, Tools/Settings tab Custom. Here enable showing the reference numbers.
                  Then go to the deviceutility page and check on the devicereferences metioned in the log you posted? They are there.... did you hide devices maybe?

All JowiHue devices need to go with the plugin disabled...

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

This will doubtless be no shocker but, you were right... damn things were hiding, now got them all and get on starting the plugin:

Oct-22 8:04:19 PM JowiHue Plugin succesfully started
                    Oct-22 8:04:18 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue
                    Oct-22 8:04:18 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
                    Oct-22 8:04:18 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.1.0 on Windows
                    Oct-22 8:04:18 PM Info Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59812
                    Told it to scan.

K.

Comment

Also, do not immediately press the scan button? Let the plugin search for itself?

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Okay.

K.

Comment

If the plugin does not bring back the bridge, try to send me a log file? Set detailed trace and log to file in the configuration page of the plugin on the trace options tab. Then restart the plugin and let it run for at least 15 minutes.

After that disable the trace options in the configuration page.
                          Then send me the JowiHue.log from the logs directory as well as the JowiHue.db file in the data\jowihue directory (rename this to a .txt file)

Send the files to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl ?

Thanks,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Any news?
                            -- Wim

Comment

Yeah, tried a few times with no joy but weirdly had to tell another app, Colours for Hue" where the bridge was on the network, did that, worked fine.

Got it searching again now with the log options all ticked.

K.

Comment

Working...
                              X