Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deCONZ and IKEA RGB

ZoRaC,

The IKEA color bulb has a different response then other color bulbs. The Hue and Sat values are not working, that is also why you cannot use the standard preset for it but can make new ones for it I think. The bulb is responding correctly by setting the xy values, but will not respond to the hue and sat values. It might be that the deCONZ software is going to be updated to mimic the Hue and Sat values, but that is yet unsure.

What you can do is setting the RGB value, leave the light in this state for a minute or two and then take a snapshot in the preset... this should show you the correseponding xy values and you can use this new preset for it.

Buying a IKEA color light is still on my to do list here... but did not yet take the time

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      What you can do is setting the RGB value, leave the light in this state for a minute or two and then take a snapshot in the preset... this should show you the correseponding xy values and you can use this new preset for it.

Comment

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Comment

I will be getting some IKEA stuff next week, including a rgb bulb and a floalt. Then I can do some hands on stuff with it. Challenge is the xy values, am not sure if RGB will a success on that for conversion. I know phillips was not reliable on the xy values too for snapshot and rgb....

Why is it not possible to set max brightness? You can set brightness 254 isn't?

Hope to have some more news later next week for you...

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Great that you're getting a bulb yourself - I bet it's just a minor thing that needs to be changed, and that would be much easier when you have a bulb!

I can't quite explain what happens...
              See attached image "1.png", I enter "254" as brightness (note there is no color picker visible).

See image "2.png", I entered "255, 0, 0" in the RGB-field. When I click "submit" the image shows the result (note the color picker is visible now)! I clicked the RGB-field again, and the "edit-box" still show "255, 0, 0"...

Strange...
              Attached Files

Comment

Can add that if I use the color picker and pick the all red (255, 0, 0) and submit, all the values are changed to totally different ones as well...

Comment

Long time ago I checked on this part... the color picker should show from the first step. I'll check on that. Maybe the type of light (Ikea RGB) preventing the show of te color picker.
                  The edit box does have an disadvantage, it is showing the last entered values in it, not the ones really showing....

The values are changing, because the plugin does the gamut conversion immediatly - gamut is the colorspace the bulb can handle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamut). Maybe it is more simple to let the gamut be and just show the entered value, it does not change the internal handling of the real light values.....

When setting a color with the color picker and changing the brightness afterward - wich you can, will also change the RGB as brightness is an important part of the RGB values.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Got the RGB light. been playing shortly with it and it is pretty neat in colors.... Will think on how to control this. I might add a extra step in the controls, translating the hue values to xy for this bulb especially... It creates the hue controls, might be more friendly to keep it this way...

Will work on those later, after the release that is coming in a few days.

If you are interested I could let you join in for a personal beta? Might be good to hear your opinion once the plugin seems to handle this bulb ok?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      Got the RGB light. been playing shortly with it and it is pretty neat in colors.... Will think on how to control this. I might add a extra step in the controls, translating the hue values to xy for this bulb especially... It creates the hue controls, might be more friendly to keep it this way...

Will work on those later, after the release that is coming in a few days.

If you are interested I could let you join in for a personal beta? Might be good to hear your opinion once the plugin seems to handle this bulb ok?

Wim
                      Sorry for the late reply, the forum "forgot" to notify me about your reply...

I see 2.0.1.2 is released now, is there any fix for this in that version?
                      If not, I'll be happy to beta-test.

Comment

Zorac,

Sorry for my late response, no not yet an update for the IKEA RGB bulb in 2.0.1.3. I have send you a PM for the first tests

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                        X