Hue Dimmer not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Dimmer not working

I have a Hue Dimmer remote that dont seem to work.

It never changes status.
    I tryed to delete it and scanned the bridge again. When it came back it no has the correct status, but it does still now change the state.

Tryed the delte procedure a second time, same result.

So i can confirm that it can see the actual state of the dimmer when it is added.
    It never creates any 'Control' buttons.

The dimmer is working with the Hue Gateway.
    I like this Plugin very much and a ConBee has been ordered.

Current Date/Time: 25-10-2017 03:15:13
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 55 Minutes 37 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.10
    Number of Devices: 278
    Number of Events: 17
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.37: EasyTrigger
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    2.0.1.0: JowiHue
    3.0.1.8: Kodi
    3.0.0.21: Sonos
    3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
    3.0.6175.15900: UltraNetatmoWelcome3
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Idplusse,

It is correct that no control buttons are created. The switch sends it own signal, there is no reason to set a switch to on or of remotely?

What is the value of the refreshrate in the configuration page? As you are using the Hue bridge, it could take a few seconds, depending on the refresh rate. The difference between the Hue bridge and the Conbee is that the response on the Conbee should be immediatly.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I have the refresrate set to 2,0

I am looking forward to testing the ConBee.
      Attached Files

Comment

Idplusse,

I just did some more testing on creating the devices for the Hue dimmerswitch, but I am not seeing the errors you were seeing? Was there something more involved at that moment?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Idplusse,

I just did some more testing on creating the devices for the Hue dimmerswitch, but I am not seeing the errors you were seeing? Was there something more involved at that moment?

Wim
          Not sure what you meen with 'more involved'.

My Hue bridge is the first model and i 'only' have 2 white hue a Go and the dimmer.

I have a Harmony Companion Hub that also can control the Hue. Harmony->Hue bridge. Will be looking at removing this, and redo it in HS3.

Hopefully i will recieve the Conbee shortly and move the installation to that.

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
            I have a Harmony Companion Hub that also can control the Hue. Harmony->Hue bridge. Will be looking at removing this, and redo it in HS3.
            Just checked. The Harmony plugin does not show the 'Light' control buttons on the remote, so HS3 cannot see these buttons.
            So the Harmony hub will have to keep these functions. But that will properly not work, when the Hue is moved to the ConBee.

Comment

Just to check, could you stop the plugin and delete the two devices created for the dimmer through the deviceutility page of HS3 and then start the plugin again? It should then just recreate the devices. See if it updates then when you press a button on the Hue dimmerswitch?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Just to check, could you stop the plugin and delete the two devices created for the dimmer through the deviceutility page of HS3 and then start the plugin again? It should then just recreate the devices. See if it updates then when you press a button on the Hue dimmerswitch?

Wim
                Did try that already. Twice.
                When it recreates the device it picks up the correct status, but only at creating point. Still no change in status after that.

When i delete the 'Device' is automaticaly delete the 'Battery'.

Comment

It is weird... I did the same here, even moved the dimmer to one of my hue bridges, but it just works and updates directly here....

Can you do the folowing for me if you have the time for it?
                  • On the configuration page - tracing options, enable detailed trace and log to file
                  • Stop the plugin and start it again
                  • After the plugin is fully started, press some buttons on the dimmer switch
                  • disable detailed trace and log to file again
                  • send the file [HS3 installdir]\Logs\JowiHue.log to me?

Send it to my mail address w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

It is weird... I did the same here, even moved the dimmer to one of my hue bridges, but it just works and updates directly here....

Can you do the folowing for me if you have the time for it?
                    • On the configuration page - tracing options, enable detailed trace and log to file
                    • Stop the plugin and start it again
                    • After the plugin is fully started, press some buttons on the dimmer switch
                    • disable detailed trace and log to file again
                    • send the file [HS3 installdir]\Logs\JowiHue.log to me?

Send it to my mail address w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
                    Mail sent.

Comment

The problem was solved when i moved away from the Philips bridge and over to ConBee/DeCONZ bridge instead.

Comment

Has this been resoveld. I was able to use dimmer switch for scenes before the lastest update. Now I can see dimmer and battery status. If I push a button on the dimmer it switches from 4000,3000,2000, and 1000. Depending if I hit on,off, or dim. I no longer get the status like on,off,dim, hold dim, etc...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you using the Hue bridge or deCONZ?
                          The statusses you are seeing are the same as the descriptive statuses you are missing. I am thinking that the Philips bridge sends a different stats compared to the deCONZ gateway....

Let me know what bridge you are using?

Thanks,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

I'm using the Philip hue hub.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue. Latest hue bridge (updated) and hue dimmer switch. I don't have a battery device listed, but I do have the dimmer. When I push the buttons it cycles through 1000,2000,3000,4000.

Comment

Working...
                              X