Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor.... Ambient light sensor interval

Hi !

Is it possible to adjust the reading interval on the Philips Hue Motion sensor. I especially think on the ambient light sensor ? It reads the light every 5 minutes. I wish I could have a reading say every second minute. Is it possible ?

Xian,

I know, I would like that too. But other then the motion itself, temperature and ambient light are only reported once per 5 minutes. It is a Philips hard coded thing. Especially on the ambient light sensor 5 minutes feels like a bit long (guess more even in Norway ) as during sunset light or with clouds can differ greatly during autumn.

My impression though that the sensors are updated as soon as motion is seen, so moving might get updates sooner on temperature and ambient light.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

OK, So if it is a little bit dark, I can start to dance around to trig the light sensor .

I understand, that is a little bit of shame. I did like the sensor, both the price and the form. But OK, then I have to see what to do...

Comment

Xian,

What I am doing here, I have an 'open kitchen' to the living room, and two sensors, one for the living room, another for the kitchen. The kitchen is catching light from the front windows of the house, the living room from the backside window (large one). It has been a lot of testing and experimenting with the values, but now I am using an weighted average value of both devices which gives me a more acceptable speed of updating and knowing when it is getting dark. I now even use it for letting the brightness of the lights rise or lower
        Advantage is also that now I am getting more frequent updates then with one sensor... once per 2,5 minutes (somewhere between 0 and 2,5 of course)

Each motion sensor has its own ambiant value depending on its position in the house, but if you create a correction value for it in a script, you could get a good estimation if lights need to switch on or off maybe?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I just have only one Hue Motion sensor at the moment, I just bought one for testing. Maybe I will buy some more..
          Are you using a Virtual device for the averaging in your script ?

Comment

Yes, I have an event triggering on changes of any of the two ambient light sensors, this triggers a script that just updates the virtual device. Based on the values of this device lights are controlled.

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Another thing I see, is that the light sensor says it is around 18000 lux in the living room now.

The Fibaro says about 800. Any clue why ?

Comment

Originally posted by Xian View Post
                Another thing I see, is that the light sensor says it is around 18000 lux in the living room now.

The Fibaro says about 800. Any clue why ?
                Yes, The value you are seeing on Philips is not a lux value. Philips is reporting its own value for it.
                If you want to view it as lux, you have to enable it in the configuration page, miscelanneous tab. Then the Philips will be converted to Lux.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

I did. But the value does not change. It is still around 18-20000, the only change was that it has the lux suffix

Comment

But if you get 18000 then, it should be out in the sun? Even cloudy skies should not show that level?

Was the sensor still not updated maybe? As the conversion only is done during update of the devices, setting this option does not change the current values?
                    -- Wim

Comment

No, this is indoor in my living room, and the sensor is updating every 5 minutes or so...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Setting the options does not change the value much, I double checked from lux to not lux and back again, that change from 25249 lux to 25117 to 24683 lux

Comment

That is not the difference I would expect. Looks like it could just still be the value as reported by the sensor....

I am getting some ideas here... could you check the propertie of the Motion sensor device and post the JowiHue tab for me? I am thinking it might have to do with the fact that you have the mtion sensor on the Hue bridge....

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Darn... indeed that was a miss. The conversion did not work for Hue bridges. Solved here

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

This One ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X