Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egbert,

Thanks for confirming. The plugin needs the upnp to discover local bridge, the meethue site is used as a backdoor if local searches fails. If you’d have plugins like Sonos or mediacontroller you would have had similar issues too.

I still will keep an eye on why this happens... been searching but find no clues yet on why the site is responding different now. Don’t know if I could do the same request differently in the plugin...

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

For those having the restarts and that have moved to version 2.0.1.2 of the plugin, how are the restarts now? Are they gone - any errors in the log?

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I am not seeing any plugin restarts with 2.0.1.2. I don’t enable UPNP on my router, so unfortunately I will have to get all the Bridgescan errors in the log.

Comment

On 2.0.1.2, for me, the error is almost gone.
          I filtered the log for JowiHue, this is what I found for the last 24 hours (since the last restart of the plugin):

Nov-04 14:45:08 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
          Nov-03 23:05:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
          Nov-03 21:55:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
          Nov-03 16:20:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
          Nov-03 15:50:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
          Nov-03 15:04:23 JowiHue Error: (UpdateUsage):Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
          Nov-03 14:49:40 JowiHue Plugin succesfully started

The plugin is fully functional.

Comment

Originally posted by akkie71 View Post
            On 2.0.1.2, for me, the error is almost gone.
            I filtered the log for JowiHue, this is what I found for the last 24 hours (since the last restart of the plugin):

Nov-04 14:45:08 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
            Nov-03 23:05:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
            Nov-03 21:55:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
            Nov-03 16:20:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
            Nov-03 15:50:07 JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
            Nov-03 15:04:23 JowiHue Error: (UpdateUsage):Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
            Nov-03 14:49:40 JowiHue Plugin succesfully started

The plugin is fully functional.
            Interesting - I have gotten about 50 of the errors in 12 hours since I restarted the plugin.

Comment

I think that for akkie71 the UPNP call misses every now and then. That can happen when you stream a lot on the network. I stream 4K movies ove my network, that can put a burdon on the response of other trafic as streaming is a high priority traffic. Not necessarry something to worry about, but it could explain the difference.

But I come with good news

I have found a good alternative that solves the issue. I am running it here now with the old setting - always calling meethue and there are no more issues!

Few more changes are in the plugin that I want to test, somewhere next week I will post the new version to the updater

Thanks,
              Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

This fixed yet?

Jan-11 8:48:05 AM JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

I have 3000 log entries in 3 days!

Comment

Jim,

Which version are you running? This should have been resolved with the current version 2.0.1.6?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

yes - it is now gone - my bad - i though i had updated, but hadn't

Comment

Working...
                    X