This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just successfully added a Xiaomi smoke sensor

1) Device Name: Xiaomi Smoke sensor (brand name on device is Honeywell)
    2) Device manufactor link: https://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_615081.html
    3) How to add to HS: Push jowihue 'Scan for new sensors' and the push button on smoke sensor for 5 sec. The siren will sound and a short orange blink will show on the device
    4) What devices to see in HS: 1 device with modelid lumi.sensor_smoke, named “Fire nn” where nn is the internal ID
    5) Status from devices: True or false for fire
    5) Devices that could be missing in HS: Battery status
    6)
    7) How well is it working: Works very well.
    8) Build quality: Very good.
    9) What DeCONZ versions have been tested: 2.05.10
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Doesn't detect switch...

1) Device Name: Xiaomi Aqara Switch
      2) Device manufactor link: https://www.aqara.com/cn/wireless_switch.html
      3) How to add to HS: Push jowihue 'Scan for new sensors' and the push button on remote for 5 sec. it starts to blink blue.
      There are two buttons on the remote - the big one on the front and the small one on the side. Either button causes the LED to flash after five seconds, but neither links with HS. Pushing both buttons at the same time does nothing, tapping buttons also does nothing. Debugging shows nothing in the logs. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Comment

Check the deCONZ interface is you see the device there, this would confirm the switch is found in deCONZ (it should have a name like "Switch nn". If it has this name, the plugin should find it in the RES API and add it to HS# as device.
        If it is having a name in deCONZ like 0000x, then the information in deCONZ is not yet enough, use the switch a few times and check if the device is showing a blinking dot when you operate the switch, after a few times it shoulcd change the name once the needed info is received?

If it is not there, make sure to reset the switch once more and start scanning for the devices on the configuration page of the plugin. Check in deCONZ if you see the device added and blinking regularly after adding it.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thank you for your help. I think I just wasn't pressing the button enough!

Comment

I finally installed the Phoscon app on my Debian box . Thank to this docker image : https://github.com/marthoc/docker-deconz.

All is conencted together... and i ordered 3 xiaomi device to test from alixpress.

Is there a more exhaustive list of device people tried with Jowihue plugin?

Exept for xiaomi... I am moslty looking for devices not avaiable on the zwave side ( new fonctions). ex : https://keenhome.io/products/smart-vent?rel=wizard

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
              I finally installed the Phoscon app on my Debian box . Thank to this docker image : https://github.com/marthoc/docker-deconz.

All is conencted together... and i ordered 3 xiaomi device to test from alixpress.

Is there a more exhaustive list of device people tried with Jowihue plugin?

Exept for xiaomi... I am moslty looking for devices not avaiable on the zwave side ( new fonctions). ex : https://keenhome.io/products/smart-vent?rel=wizard
              Here is a list on github for deconz. I am not sure about that vent. https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...ported-Devices

Comment

thank, but I think this list is not up to date with all the possible device. And Not sure all device have been tested here on jowihue

Comment

The plugin is responding to all devices that are supported by the REST api of deCONZ. Most types of devices are prepared by the plugin so it will recognize it. All single sensors should just work as well as lights. For combined sensors or switches there might be extra work needed, but once I have the details it should not take to long to enable it.

Thanks,
                  Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    The plugin is responding to all devices that are supported by the REST api of deCONZ. Most types of devices are prepared by the plugin so it will recognize it. All single sensors should just work as well as lights. For combined sensors or switches there might be extra work needed, but once I have the details it should not take to long to enable it.

Thanks,
                    Wim
                    thanks Wim

Comment

omg... just tried the -Xiaomi Aqara Smart Windows/Door Sensor-

This sensor is just fast as hell! wow..... 9$ us..lol
                      Do you guys knows how many month the battery will last ? ( not battery % reported). FYI , I placed it on the shower door, so it should open 2 times ( maybe 3 sometimes) a days, since we are two occupants here

Comment

I have several door sensors here too (favorites here too thanks to the speed and reliability) .I installed them halfway June and they still report 100%. I guess it will be more then 6 months at least. But that is only guestimating.
                        I have Philips Hue motion sensors here that have been running now for almost three years that still show 33%!!!

So far the Zigbee battery sensors seem to be very efficient in battery usage.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          I have several door sensors here too (favorites here too thanks to the speed and reliability) .I installed them halfway June and they still report 100%. I guess it will be more then 6 months at least. But that is only guestimating.
                          I have Philips Hue motion sensors here that have been running now for almost three years that still show 33%!!!

So far the Zigbee battery sensors seem to be very efficient in battery usage.

Wim
                          I was not sure about battery. If it's report, that's a +.

Wim, Would you mind, when you have the time ,naming all your device connected to your deconz? I mean just one copy of all different device.

Comment

MattLau,

I have several devices here, but certainly not all that are aready supported by deCONZ.

In my household, up until now I have these types of devices active:
                            • Philips Hue bulbs E27 (Colors White, Ambiance and Whites)
                            • Philips Hue GU10 (Color, Ambiance)
                            • Ikea bulbs E27 (Color and white)
                            • FLS ledstrip RGBW
                            • Motion sensors from Philips
                            • Motion sensors from Xiaomi Aqara
                            • Motion sensors from IKEA
                            • Weather sensor Aqara
                            • Water sensors Aqara
                            • Smoke sensors Aqara
                            • Cube from Xiaomi
                            • Remote control from IKEA
                            • Dimmer from IKEA
                            • Philips Hue Dimmer switches
                            • OSRAM plugs
                            But be aware that in Canada you can use different brands too like GE, CREE, Nanoleaf, OSRAM and new ones keep being added. It is really moving.
                            As it is a hobby here, it is almost impossible to keep track of all possibilities. If you miss support for a device and the device supports HA 1.2 or Zigbee 3, we can try and ask the developers of deCONZ to add support

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Thanks for your Answer w.vuyk

Comment

I have added the SmartThings Outlet (made by Samjin) and they work flawlessly. I have also added the GE/Jasco Zigbee Dimmer Switch which works great.

I can pair the SmartThings Motion Sensor and the SmartThings Button, but that's as far as they go. Phoscon does not recognize them and the API does not pass them to HS. I've also added a NYCE door/window sensor and it gets added to HS, but it does not function (no open/close commands are passed to HS).

1) Device Name: SmartThings Plugin Switch Outlet
                                2) Device manufactor link: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartThings-Outlet-GP-U999SJVLDAA-Smart/dp/B07F96JB63/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542507853&sr=8-1&keywords=B07F96JB63
                                3) How to add to HS: Push jowihue 'Scan for new sensors' and then push button on outlet. Joins immediately.
                                4) What devices to see in HS: On/Off
                                5) Status from devices: On/Off
                                6) Devices that could be missing in HS: Energy monitoring
                                8) Build quality: Excellent
                                9) What DeCONZ versions have been tested: 2.05.20

1) Device Name: GE/Jasco Zigbee Dimmer Switch
                                2) Device manufactor link: https://www.amazon.com/GE-Lighting-Compatible-Monitoring-45857GE/dp/B015YJAHY0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542508342&sr=8-1&keywords=B015YJAHY0
                                3) How to add to HS: Push jowihue 'Scan for new sensors' and the push top paddle of switch 3 times. Joins immediately.
                                4) What devices to see in HS: On/Off, Dimmer
                                5) Status from devices: On/Off, Dim Level
                                6) Devices that could be missing in HS: Energy monitoring
                                8) Build quality: Excellent
                                9) What DeCONZ versions have been tested: 2.05.20

--Barry

Comment

Working...
                                X