Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IP Change created duplicate lights

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IP Change created duplicate lights

    Through some fumble fingers I changed the IP subnet on my router this week-end. Went from 192.168.100.x to 192.168.1.x

    Caused several levels of fun for me as I sussed out all the subtle things that would cause.

    One of them was that during a boot of Homeseer the JowiHue plug in created all new devices for my Phillips Hue lights. (See log entry below).

    Any events using the light devices directly would attempt to use the old device ref. However groups worked just fine. As well the eight motion detectors I have recovered just fine.

    I have deleted all the old devices and correct the events so I have no immediate need, just wanted to pass along what happened.

    Jan-07 12:44:59 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate):CheckBridgeUpdate Version 1.22.0
    Jan-07 12:44:59 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate):Object variable or With block variable not set.
    Jan-07 12:44:32 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Wine Rack
    Jan-07 12:44:32 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Numbers Table
    Jan-07 12:44:32 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Windows
    Jan-07 12:44:32 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Stairs
    Jan-07 12:44:31 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Orange Chair
    Jan-07 12:44:31 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Long Table
    Jan-07 12:44:31 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Laundry Room
    Jan-07 12:44:31 PM JowiHue Devices added for new light Sofa Table
    Jan-07 12:44:29 PM JowiHue Warning: Bridge Indianapolis Hom changed IP from :80 to 192.168.1.17:80 - Restarting processes for this bridge


    Chris

  • #2
    Hello,

    Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm thinking of creating a specific subnet "HS reserved". I guess I should do this as soon as possible, because what happened to you could be catastrophic in case of numerous devices zigbee network. Just a few elements here for now.

    Michel

    Comment


    • #3
      Chris,

      This definitally should not happen. What should happened was a line in the log saying that the plugin found an ip change of an existing bridge and corrected it.

      It is more or less what you are seeing in the log, except that the plugin is not mentioning the original IP and then starts creating devices...
      Guess I will cheng my IP's once more to test this.

      For my confirmation, which version of the plugin are you using?

      Thanks for letting me know!

      Wim
      -- Wim

      Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

      Comment


      • #4
        Currently running 2.0.1.6

        Chris

        Comment


        • #5
          Took a while to figure out why some of my scenes are not working, and to be honest, I have not really spent much time on this either. It has only affected two lights (one group), which I haven't really cared much about. Today, however, I decided I'd get to the bottom of this.

          So all scenes look normal, and when activated, the log states that they have been activated - but nothing is happening with the lights. After a while, I noticed that I have two identical devices for all my lights. I guess this is the same issue previously reported in this thread.

          I am not aware of any IP changes internally on my network, but that can of course have happened.

          What seems to be happening with the scenes is that they target the "old" version devices, while the lights only respond to the "new" ones. However, when making/editing scenes, only one version shows up. This seems to only affect some lights, while others are fine. I guess it is a bit random if a new device, or an old device, is being controlled by the plug-in.

          I'm going to start deleting devices now, just wanted to let you know.

          I'm currently on version 2.0.2.2, but I cannot say for sure which version introduced this problem. I have upgraded when new ones have been available.

          Comment


          • #6
            psv021,

            Sorry to hear the devices have doubled. The original cause in this thread have been solved for some time ago now and I think this should still be good since three months or so. If yu see it happen again, after removing the devices and upgrading to th ecurrent version, please let me know?

            Thanks,

            Wim
            -- Wim

            Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

            Comment


            • #7
              Absolutely. I removed the bridge, deleted all devices, re-registered the bridge - all seems OK now. It has probably, as you say, been like this for months. For me, it only materialized into one single scene not functioning properly, one which I didn't really care much about.

              Comment

              Working...
              X