Dim lights with V3 api

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
    Alexa is still having lots of trouble with my lights.
    But there is also problems with z-waves dimmers.
    So dont think the problem lies at the Jowihue plugin.

The Alexa app can only turn lights on/off, dim does not work.
    FYI, my experience with this in troubleshooting a similar issue with the v3 API my problem is that I setup multiple DIM assignments for my lighting. One was a range (1-99) and two were single value (33 and 66). v2 was fine with this but v3 doesn't like it. If you have multiple DIM Control Use assignments, try enabling only the one with the range. It worked for me and dimming was restored with V3 but broke the reason I was doing what I was doing so I am waiting for HS to comment before I remove all of my custom DIM Control entries.

-Travis

Comment

Update: There can be only Single Value or Range Value that has a Control Use of "Dim" per device. I didn't need my custom Single Value Dim entries to be "Dim" to perform the function and I set them to "Not Specified" per Wade's recommendation and all is well with my dimming and events.

-Travis

Comment

Hi Travis, I'm facing a similar issue, I have a virtual level switch to send IR commands to my AC, this is now broken. If I sent a single range to Dim, it works but is not accurate, say of I ask to turn the switch to 25, it turns to 26. Since I'm controlling temperature, I need it to be precise.

Similarly, I have other switches linked to Alexa routines, which helps me trigger events, these r now broken too.

Comment

Working...
        X