Dim lights with V3 api

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dim lights with V3 api

Installed the new Alexa Smart Home (V3 Api) yesterday along with the HS3 beta.
    All Jowihue lights that is dimmable has the 'Is Dimmable:' configuration greyed out.
    Alexa cannot dim the lights.
    When ask to dim a light she says 'OK' but it does not dim.

Current Date/Time: 21-01-2018 09:49:49
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.402
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 10 Hours 56 Minutes 46 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.10
    Number of Devices: 398
    Number of Events: 157
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.22.0: BLOccupied
    2.0.35.0: BLSecurity
    3.7.0.0: Harmony Hub
    3.5.1118.14: HSBuddy
    2.0.1.8: JowiHue
    3.0.1.9: Kodi
    0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
    3.1.0.22: Sonos
    3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
    3.0.6175.15900: UltraNetatmoWelcome3
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Lars,

The isDimmable is enabled (but greyed out as it is controlled by the plugin) for these devices. Also in the status graphics tab you should see that the dimmable values have a control use of Dim.

Also, in the configuration page you need to enable the option "Show percentage for dimming instead of standard values" to have alexa enabled to send the dim function.
    If this does not work I don't know how to set the correct options?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Okay, that makes a little sense.
      But then the grayed out 'Is Dimmable' should look enabled, to be logic.

I see the 'dim' control in status graphics.

I have the use % instead of actual values.

The dim function used to work with the basic Alexa skill.

I have 3 changes on my system. Updated HS3 to beta 402 and installed the new Smart Home SKill and disabled the basic skill.
      Attached Files

Comment

Lars,

What type of light is this? as isdimmable should have been enabled. I have it here on my philips bulbs... Maybe I missed it for the tradfri?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

On second check I still have a tradfri light here and it is set correctly:
          Attached Files
          -- Wim

Comment

Comment

The is light option is not present here, so I am guessing HST has been changing things in this area. Maybe they just disable the isdimmable by default now?

Sad part in this that documentation is not updated yet by HST. Even worse, there is a developer mailing list, so HST could have warned all beforehand for the changes that are coming. Guess that is a missed chance?

We will have to wait for the updates coming from HST then.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

The 'IsDimmabe' option is very much in use by HST. They have said that on the forum.
                But they have stated that if a light is operated by a on/off swicth, it is NOT recognised as a light automatic. Therefore they have made the 'Is Light' switch option in the beta.

All these changes is because of the new V3 Alexa skill called 'HomeSeer SmartHome'.

Comment

I have send Rich a mail to see if he has any official updates for the developers. For me this is too much of a guessing game, so I wait for his answers here.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Lars,

I found where I enabled the function of isdimmable. You can set it on the first tab of the configuration screen of the plugin.
                    Almost forgot it is there!

Could you test and set this option? than we'll know if this is sufficient. Would like to know also how the "is light" is influencing your repsonses.

Wim
                    Attached Files
                    -- Wim

Comment

I am not sure what you ask for.
                      I have tryed enabling the can_dim.

If i control lights from the Alexa app, i cannot control DIM.
                      It also gives alot of 'Server is unresponsive' alerts.
                      But it can control them with on/off.

Comment

Lars,

this option sets the isdimmable option for the devices. But I think that you need to restart the amazon skill (or HS3) after that to make it effective. As I understand the options are only read during startup (of the skill?)

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Now the 'Is dimmable' is checked.

Comment

Alexa is still having lots of trouble with my lights.
                            But there is also problems with z-waves dimmers.
                            So dont think the problem lies at the Jowihue plugin.

The Alexa app can only turn lights on/off, dim does not work.

Comment

Alright, then I am back in my cave for a bit.
                              Rich has replied and the only item needed would be the ControlUse part in the value graphics, wich is set for the JowiHue devices correctly. Only if a light is NOT dimmable we have to set the islight attribute, which notifies Alexa to control this device if a command for all lights is given.

So far I think the plugin has the correct settings to enable the dim option for alexa. But I will keep an eye on how things go

Thanks,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X