Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting a Hue group to off not working in 2.0.1.6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I am currently using 2.0.1.6 of the plugin and noticed something odd when trying to turn off a room's lights.

Take the following action as an example where "Master Bathroom" is a Hue group with more than one Hue bulb in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jowihue.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1212059

With the configuration above, nothing happens when the event fires.

If I leave the group yet change the brightness value to 1 instead of 0, all of the group's lights dim to the lower value as expected over 1.5 seconds.

If I change from the group to an individual bulb and leave the brightness value at 0, the singular light turns off completely as expected over 1.5 seconds.

The issue seems to only reproduce itself if I try to turn off a group. Can anyone else reproduce this behavior?

Try updating to beta 2.0.1.9. That is the latest and it has a lot of fixes in it. I can't say it will fix it but you could give it a try. I use it and I don't have any problems.

Comment

I was unable to turn groups off by setting the brightness to 0 with an action since I started last month. I started using the HS device to turn them off instead of a JowiHue action when I discovered it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I just tried to create a group in deconz and in the webapp but they didn't even show up in the event choices. I also have to select each light separately and put in a zero for off and 254 for on.

Comment

OK, I was able to create a group (optional I think) and under that I created two scenes. In each scene I was able to choose two separate bulbs. See first pic.

Then I created events that uses those scenes to control multiple lights. See last pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, but I'd prefer to not have to create and manage scenes for simply turning groups off.

Brightness values from 1-254 work, it is only the value of 0 that seems to be malfunctioning when sending it to a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by scorp508; February 13, 2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Upgraded to 2.0.1.9, same results.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                Upgraded to 2.0.1.9, same results.

Comment

+1 As Randy said there are alternative ways for now in controlling them. I was merely trying to give another work around to the problem for now until Wim can release the next upgrade.

Comment

Sorry that response was for cowinger.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                    +1 As Randy said there are alternative ways for now in controlling them. I was merely trying to give another work around to the problem for now until Wim can release the next upgrade.
                    It's appreciated and I know there are some alternate methods. I try where possible to avoid using hefty workarounds as I know I tend to forget to go back and undo them. For now I've set the group to dim to a value of 1, then switch off the HS-WS100+ switches they're connected to soon after.

Comment

I have found the error some time ago. The plugin would generate an off for lights, but missed it for groups of lights. It will be solved with the new beta 2.0.1.10 that is send to HST today. I hope they will publish it today or tomorrow.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you, Wim.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          I have found the error some time ago. The plugin would generate an off for lights, but missed it for groups of lights. It will be solved with the new beta 2.0.1.10 that is send to HST today. I hope they will publish it today or tomorrow.

Wim
                          Wonderful! Thank you, Wim. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

it is there now

Wim
                            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              it is there now
                              Working like a boss now, Wim. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X