Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need decimal values with a dot

Hi,

I'm using the EASY TRIGGER plugin to set a virtual device to an expression.

I need the temperature value from an Aqara multi-sensor, but it seems that it gives something like 19,7 . And so Easy trigger gives an error message, because it needs 19.7 .

Isn't it some "standardisation" thing, or is it a simple mistake ? Maybe I could translate 19,7 into 19.7, I'm waiting for an answer on the ET forum (hope they don't live on Mars), but could you tell me if something could be done into Jowihue ?

Thanks !

Michel

I have had this issue in the past when trying to send device values (Temperature to MQTT)

I have changed the following setting in Windows

https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtop...p=85578#p85578

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	jowihue_issue.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1195625

Comment

Here's some clues in the Startup log.

Should I deinstal/reinstal Jowihue to let him now that the computer is now working with . instead of , ???

Look, I really don't want to see I lose again all my Zigbee devices, like when I changed the PC.

Comment

I tried reinstal but that changed nothing.

Oh, yes it changes something : I can't see anymore the Beta version, so I'm stuck with 2.0.1.6.

Wooohooo !

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
              Hi,

I'm using the EASY TRIGGER plugin to set a virtual device to an expression.

I need the temperature value from an Aqara multi-sensor, but it seems that it gives something like 19,7 . And so Easy trigger gives an error message, because it needs 19.7 .

Isn't it some "standardisation" thing, or is it a simple mistake ? Maybe I could translate 19,7 into 19.7, I'm waiting for an answer on the ET forum (hope they don't live on Mars), but could you tell me if something could be done into Jowihue ?

Thanks !

Michel
              Michel,

The Homeseer program uses localisation, so it will show dots in the US and comma's in EU etc. So does the JowiHue plugin.

If the Easytrigger plugin does not support localisation I would be surprised as I would expect that it would. But is this is the case, this is not an issue for JowiHue as it is already following the standard of localisation.

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I'm back with beta 2.0.1.11, and the problem comes back along...

Click image for larger version

Name:	jowihue_easytrigger_01.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1195664

I know that this could really be an Easy Trigger issue, but the thing is that I hadn't the problem anymore on Jowihue 2.0.1.6., so there must be a connection somewhere...

I know you're busy with the 2.0.2 release, and I'm also posting on Easy Trigger forum.

Comment

The "Set to Expression"action use a third party library which does not support localisation.
                  So if I were you I would change the region parameter on your HS machine, and try to see why the Jowihue plugin doesn't like it.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I don't understand your answer : the issue comes from Easytrigger or Jowihue in your opinion ? If you want me to change the HS localisation because of the "faulty" Easytrigger Third party Library, why do you ask me to test Jowihue ?

Sorry I don't get you.

(by the way we could speak in french if necessary)

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
                      Hi Spud,

I don't understand your answer : the issue comes from Easytrigger or Jowihue in your opinion ? If you want me to change the HS localisation because of the "faulty" Easytrigger Third party Library, why do you ask me to test Jowihue ?

Sorry I don't get you.

(by the way we could speak in french if necessary)
                      because you said in the other thread, that changing the localisation fixed your problem with EasyTrigger but created some new errors with Jowihue.

Obviously Jowihue plugin work for many users with a US locale, so you should investigate why it doesn't for you.

Comment

Ok, but did you notice that it was the WINDOWS localisation parameter that I changed, not the HS one ?

On the other hand, as I said in the EasyTrigger forum a few minutes ago, I got the same issue with non-Jowihue devices like Z-waves ones.

So in fact, what you mean is that I can't use the SET TO EXPRESSION action without changing Windows parameters ?

Isn't it a way to keep normal parameters and see the softwares I use adapt to it, rather than the opposite ?

Comment

Michel,

I thought you did not change the region, but only changed comma to dot. if you change the region, you could set the machine to US instead of Belgium. the question is if you like that as it would also influence the date handling.

Maybe another option is (if you can use it this way) to disable the decimal on the temperature devices (in the graphics tab of the properties). Not sure eithe if that is what you want though, your choices here?

Wim
                          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hey Thank you Wim,

You're guessing right, both of those solutions do not really please to me.

But guess what, I wrote my first script, which is THE solution.

Here it is. Certainly improvable, but simple and efficient.

Code:
                            Sub Main
                                 Dim DevTemp1
                                 Dim DevTemp2

DevTemp1 = hs.DeviceValueEx(90)
                                 DevTemp2 = hs.DeviceValueEx(96)

hs.SetDeviceValueByRef 207, DevTemp1 * 100, True
                                 hs.SetDeviceValueByRef 208, DevTemp2 * 100, True

hs.Speak("Les températures de référence ont été stockées")

End Sub

So now everything is perfect. My heating is back to automatic again, I learned a lot of things tonight, and I'm less dependant of plugins.

Thanks again and have a nice evening.

Michel

Comment

Michel,

Sounds like a very good work around!

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X