Aqara Water Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqara Water Sensor

I just took delivery of two Aqara water sensors and a fire sensor. I was able to add them to deCONZ but they don't show up in JowiHue.

What information can I send so these can get added?

BTW, I searched google for "Aqara Water Sensor English Manual" and got this link. I wonder how many other manuals are available. The ID number matches the number on the back of the unit. It did help a bit.
    https://fccid.io/2AKIT-SJCGQ11LM/Use...Manual-3450282

--EDIT--
    The Fire Sensor shows up after a second scan. Yeah, but still no water sensors.
    Last edited by racerfern; March 23, 2018, 02:51 PM.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I just took delivery of two Aqara water sensors and a fire sensor. I was able to add them to deCONZ but they don't show up in JowiHue.

What information can I send so these can get added?

BTW, I searched google for "Aqara Water Sensor English Manual" and got this link. I wonder how many other manuals are available. The ID number matches the number on the back of the unit. It did help a bit.
    https://fccid.io/2AKIT-SJCGQ11LM/Use...Manual-3450282

--EDIT--
    The Fire Sensor shows up after a second scan. Yeah, but still no water sensors.
    Wim will have to answer this one as to whether he has it included or plans to include it in the plugin. It is listed here in deconz so maybe it is on his list. It looks as if it is the MI version??

https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...ported-Devices

Comment

Interestingly, the fire sensor and the gas leak sensor are marked Mainland China Only. We'll see. Wondering why they make a gas sensor with a US plug marked for Mainland China Only.

The fire sensor is paired up and apparently working, though I will have to test to confirm. The gas sensor does not show up.

Comment

One more comment, the fire sensor doesn't show battery level.

Comment

The Aqara water sensor is working fine here. What DeConz and jowihue version are you on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

JowiHue 2.0.2.0
            deConz 2.05.15

I see the sensors in deCONZ as 0x000 and they do work because if I touch both screws with moist fingers the blue dot on the left lights which is communication with deCONZ.

I'll try removing and including again.

Comment

Reset, removed, restarted deCONZ and included again. They still don't show up in JowiHue.

Comment

If the device name in deCONZ remains as 0x0000 and does not change to the device type name, then the device is not getting added to the REST API, which is how other apps communicate with deCONZ. I have some switches that are behaving this way. There is an open issue on github discussing it, but so far no resolution. Sometimes it works to go back to version 2.04.99, add the device, then go back to the current release. But that only worked for one of my switches, the other one it didn't.

Comment

Nope, I reset, removed, went back to 2.04.99, added, then went forward to 2.05.15. Same result.

Thanks for the suggestion however. I'm willing to try whatever it takes. I do wonder why others have this working. Is it Raspbee vs Conbee?

Comment

Racerfern,

I have a water sensor here as well now. I have added it by pressing 5 seconds on the top and could see the blue light under the top blinking. Started search for devices and it would show up as 0x0000 at first on deCONZ. Waited for some time, made contat with the metal parts on the bottom, but like you had no luck.

Then I did a reset again on the water sensor device (without delete from deCONZ) and started a search for devices again. This where the name changed from 0x0000 to Water xx quite soon. That is also where the plugin created the devices after that.

Maybe try to reset the device again and rescan?

Wim

PS 2.05.15 had some issues with sensors, think it should be mainly motion sensors, but maybe first update to 2.05.16?
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Reset how? By using reset in deCONZ or by holding the button down for a longer period of time if that's possible,

Comment

Hold down the button (top of the sensor) down for 5 seconds or more and once it starts blinking start scan devices in the plugin.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

OK, I have one reporting as Water 17. I'll try again on the other one.

Both working, thank you.

--EDIT--

The battery sensors do work. Luckily (tongue in cheek) the devices arrived with weak batteries. One shows at 8% the other one at 0%. I'll replace them both and see how battery function refreshes.
                          Last edited by racerfern; March 25, 2018, 04:53 PM. Reason: update info

Comment

Working...
                          X