Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adeux
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    adeux,

I seem to miss the enhancement you are asking for? The issue with the errors mentioned earlier should have been solved with the latest updat.

Wim
    The problem I was having was that the bridge maintenance page was blank below the warning text. In the HS log was this error message.

However, I have resolved the issue by updating the bridge firmware outside HS using the Hue app.

Thanks again for a great plug-in.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    adeux,

I seem to miss the enhancement you are asking for? The issue with the errors mentioned earlier should have been solved with the latest updat.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• adeux
    replied
    Wim,

This is an enhancement I am really looking forward to. My wife has a habit of unplugging one of the lamps which throws the plugin off. Hopefully, this will solve the issue.

BTW: If I haven't said it before this is great plugin that really helps deliver the HA experience - so thanks for all your hard work.

A

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Gentzel,

I assume you have the same issue I found then. There is an issue with one of the fields in the dataset of lights when the plugin starts with a light powered off. It does not repair this when the lights becomes available again.

It will be solved in the next release (crossing fingers for this week).

Wim

Leave a comment:

• gentzel
    replied
    Could you check if the light with HS referenceid 10 is still a valid light? The on command does not seem to work.
    Also check the properties page/JowiHue tab for this. Does it show the json on the bottom of this page or is a error shown?
    I've restarted the system several times since I saw this (doing some hardware upgrades) and the problem has at least temporarily disappeared.

Another possibility is that this light had no power during the start of the plugin. I have found this as a bug in the plugin that should be solved in the next release.
    That is definitely a possibility. That lamp socket is very near my HS3 server and is the one I frequently use to add new bulbs, so the bulb in question may not have been installed when I had last restarted HS3. I do know that deCONZ could see the bulb at the time I was getting the posted errors from the plug-in.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Originally posted by gentzel View Post
    I'm seeing this as well, and I've made no changes to localization settings.

Here's the latest, attempting to turn on bulb "Lamp Top" from HS3 (which fails).
    Code:
    02:46:01.7455750 -- (plugin.SetIOMulti) triggering by user request: 4/29/2018 2:46:01 AM ref:10 value:255 Type:5 string:
    02:46:01.7598390 -- (HueTools.SetDeviceByUserRequest) Debug: SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=10 Action:255
    02:46:01.7605730 -- (BridgeApi.SetLights) Error: :Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    02:46:01.7666260 -- (BridgeApi.SetLights) System.NullReferenceException(0x80004003): Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at HSPI_JowiHue.BridgeApi.SetLights (HSPI_JowiHue.JowiEnums+ApiSubTypes Type, HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools+IDKey IDKey, System.Nullable`1[T] Lon, System.Nullable`1[T] Transition, System.Nullable`1[T] Bri, System.Nullable`1[T] Hue, System.Nullable`1[T] Sat, System.Nullable`1[T] ct, System.String Alert, System.String Effect, System.Nullable`1[T] Speed) [0x0076e] in <8b3f6fcfe1b94022a85813d0815e11ab>:0

02:46:01.7681580 -- (HueTools.SetDeviceByUserRequest) Debug: :End
    02:46:01.8050900 -- (HueTools.EnergyProcessThread) 4/29/2018 2:46:01 AM Started usage for Lamp Top
    02:46:01.8144460 -- (SQLiteFunctions.UpdateUsage) Usage rows updated: 1
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.425
    Linux version: Linux ha 4.15.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 24 06:16:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 1 Hour 1 Minute 31 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.1.2.20
    2.0.2.2: JowiHue
    Gentzel,

Could you check if the light with HS referenceid 10 is still a valid light? The on command does not seem to work.
    Also check the properties page/JowiHue tab for this. Does it show the json on the bottom of this page or is a error shown?

Another possibility is that this light had no power during the start of the plugin. I have found this as a bug in the plugin that should be solved in the next release.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• adeux
    replied
    Hi,

Also, just updated to version 2.0.2.2 Linux and have this issue occurring.

My Philips bridge has disappeared from the bridge maintenance page and the scenes have stopped working.

My locale set to en_GB

Leave a comment:

• gentzel
    replied
    I'm seeing this as well, and I've made no changes to localization settings.

Here's the latest, attempting to turn on bulb "Lamp Top" from HS3 (which fails).
    Code:
    02:46:01.7455750 -- (plugin.SetIOMulti) triggering by user request: 4/29/2018 2:46:01 AM ref:10 value:255 Type:5 string:
    02:46:01.7598390 -- (HueTools.SetDeviceByUserRequest) Debug: SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=10 Action:255
    02:46:01.7605730 -- (BridgeApi.SetLights) Error: :Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    02:46:01.7666260 -- (BridgeApi.SetLights) System.NullReferenceException(0x80004003): Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at HSPI_JowiHue.BridgeApi.SetLights (HSPI_JowiHue.JowiEnums+ApiSubTypes Type, HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools+IDKey IDKey, System.Nullable`1[T] Lon, System.Nullable`1[T] Transition, System.Nullable`1[T] Bri, System.Nullable`1[T] Hue, System.Nullable`1[T] Sat, System.Nullable`1[T] ct, System.String Alert, System.String Effect, System.Nullable`1[T] Speed) [0x0076e] in <8b3f6fcfe1b94022a85813d0815e11ab>:0

02:46:01.7681580 -- (HueTools.SetDeviceByUserRequest) Debug: :End
    02:46:01.8050900 -- (HueTools.EnergyProcessThread) 4/29/2018 2:46:01 AM Started usage for Lamp Top
    02:46:01.8144460 -- (SQLiteFunctions.UpdateUsage) Usage rows updated: 1
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.425
    Linux version: Linux ha 4.15.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 24 06:16:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 1 Hour 1 Minute 31 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.1.2.20
    2.0.2.2: JowiHue

Leave a comment:

• DSteiNeuro
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
    Sent, No urgency. Thanks!
    Confirming that the latest update resolved my issue (Philips Hue All Lights Off caused an error).

Thanks for the fantastic support!

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    andlan,

I have seen this issue before. If I remember right, the issue you had might then return after a restart of HS. The challenge with localisation is that you should have all the localisation set right before the first start of HS3, otherwise several plugins (including JowiHue) will choke as they store information that changes with other localisation settings.

So you might have to make sure all is set as you want before the initial start of HS3.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• andlan
    replied
    Sorry to hear that, but also cannot imagine that after unregistering and deleting the JowiHue devices you still would need to reinstall the HS3 system as there is nothing involving the plugin anymore. Nevertheless, the next version will ignore this kind of issues.

Wim
    At least I figured out what triggered this behaviour in my case.
    I changed the regional settings in the autostart_hs file to nb_NO.UTF-8 so HS would show 24H clock and date format DD:MM:YYYY, and then the plugin failed again. I then changed it back to standard en_US.UTF-8 and restarted, BOOM! back in working condition

EDIT: I now tried to change regional settings to en_GB.UTF-8 and I got the time/date setting like I wanted and the plugin still works!

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Originally posted by andlan View Post
    I tried this, and I even tried to delete ALL devices and unregister the hue hub an re-register it. But nothing worked.
    So I had to go to the drastical step and reinstall my entire HomeSeer system, and now it works..
    Sorry to hear that, but also cannot imagine that after unregistering and deleting the JowiHue devices you still would need to reinstall the HS3 system as there is nothing involving the plugin anymore. Nevertheless, the next version will ignore this kind of issues.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• andlan
    replied
    anldan,

If you are having the same issue, check the light devices, are there light devices that are no longer on the bridge? Or if you go to the maintenance page, are there lights that are not attached anymore? If you clear the misses, the issue is resolved.

In the next version the plugin will ignore those while porcessing.

Wim
    I tried this, and I even tried to delete ALL devices and unregister the hue hub an re-register it. But nothing worked.
    So I had to go to the drastical step and reinstall my entire HomeSeer system, and now it works..

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    anldan,

If you are having the same issue, check the light devices, are there light devices that are no longer on the bridge? Or if you go to the maintenance page, are there lights that are not attached anymore? If you clear the misses, the issue is resolved.

In the next version the plugin will ignore those while porcessing.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• andlan
    replied
    Any updates on this?
    I'm seeing the exact same behaviour

Leave a comment:

Working...
X